Director: Leon Klimovsky
Cast: Tito Carpi, Manuel Sebares
Year: 1966
Audio: italian, english and french
Video: 2.35:1 anam

http://www.kultvideo.com/scheda.asp?item=16451&type=DVD&key=2

Thanks for the info!

Please keep posting updates from Italy like this :slight_smile:

Yes thanks for the info Geepy, I’ll try get hold of that, and keep up the good work. I really like Italian Spaghetti DVDs, there’s something cool about owning an Italian DVD of an Italian film even though there’s not many English audio ones available. :slight_smile:

[quote=“geepy, post:1, topic:523”]New italian dvd release from Minerva

Director: Leon Klimovsky[/quote]

In fact it was Enzo Girolami alias Castellari who directed this movie. His unofficial SW debut.

How odd, Tito Carpi and Manuel Sebares are actually the writers of this film, not the cast!

It is a good film, I have the poor but watchable British DVD - Reviewed[url]http://www.mondo-esoterica.net/Some%20Dollars%20for%20Django.html[/url].

I would describe it as average.

A film about a cattle war without one cow. He, he

what DVDs are worth getting from Italy? I’ve been eyeing up the Pistole Non Discutono box and this new release here - anything else I should get at the same time?

ali

If you’re after Italian SW with English audio, here’s a good place to look http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/English-friendly_DVDs_Italy IMO Massacre Time and Tepepa would be good films to start with :slight_smile:

I own all of them except Tepepa - I heard that the English audio simply cuts out for a while, doesn’t sound ideal.

I can’t comment on the others, they only arrived last week!

[quote=“R-T-C Tim, post:9, topic:523”]I own all of them except Tepepa - I heard that the English audio simply cuts out for a while, doesn’t sound ideal.

I can’t comment on the others, they only arrived last week![/quote]
i think it cut’s out for a few scenes here and there that weren’t in the English language print, i have this release and don’t know of a better one, does anybody know? :slight_smile:

On Tepepa (Alan Young Pictures) Italian DVD the English audio completely cuts out (no sound at all) in quite a few places, I would estimate for about 15 minutes in total (pity they didn’t include English subtitles). The story is relatively easy to follow though and as far as I know this is the only version available on DVD. The DVD comes packaged with and audio CD of the soundtrack in an Amaray keep case and cardboard slip case, nice! :slight_smile:

Alan Young pictures started putting out some good stuff then all of a sudden stopped putting an English option on the discs, Bastards! >:(

“A bandit (Frank Wolff) and a bounty killer (Anthony Steffen aka Antonio De Teffè)… Two gunmen who hope to bring a little law and order to Mile City”.
Watched this film last night and enjoyed it, the Minerva DVD has been mastered from a good quality print (only slight amount of print damage in a couple of places) and has decent sound (some cracks and pops in a few places). They’ve even reinserted a very short scene (cattlemen discussing ammunition calibre) in Italian with English subtitles.