Please help me translate into Italian

I´m making a Spaghetti Western mock up poster for a monthly artwork contest (This month’s theme is a Old West with a tagline, title or actionsomething), and I wanted to make a Spaghetti western poster-styled one.

Well i have a name (suggest me a better one if you know one) but I wanted to have the italian translation for “Say your prayers… Del Gago is looking for you!”

I can’t help you, but I hope you will win and show your poster here. Del Gago isn’t bad name, it isn’t great either. What would you say for a “Sartango” (Sartana+Django)? I know, it’s stupid, but it’s all I can invent right now :smiley:

Actually Del Gago is the name of one of the Early Reggae songs with lyrics about (Spaghetti) Westerns.

You see Early Reggae (sometimes called Skinhead Reggae, because it was their music) have a lot of songs about Westerns, especially spaghetti westerns. With titles as Franco Nero, Franco Nero version 2, Clint Easwood, The Ugly One, Death Rides a Horse, Eastwood Rides Again, The good the Bad and the Upsetter. And I have a couple of songs I couldn’t find a movie version of and one of them is Del Gago (goes something like “I am looking for a man called Del Gago… Del Gago! Del Gago! A killer looking for you! Where is he? *insert Instrumental uptempo Early Reggae scorcher”), that’s why I use it.

There tons of those songs, a few are on here if your interested (these only have Spaghetti Western influenced music, no other western inspired song or newley made ones like Del Gago, Undertaker, Overtaker etc)
http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/biggundownreggaewesterns.htm

And I have a couple of songs I couldn't find a movie version of and one of them is Del Gago, that's why I use it.

Clever idea, I like it! I’ve already heard about spaghetti reggae, but now I gonna check it :slight_smile:

Recita le orazioni … Del Gago ti cerca!

But I would say:

Fa’ il segno della croce … Del Gago ti cerca!
(literally: make the sign of the cross … Del Gago is looking for you!)

Or:

Inginocchiati … Del Gago ti cerca!
(Kneel down … Del Gago is looking for you)

Hehe, it’s through Early Reggae that I got an interest in Spaghetti Western.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:5, topic:1227”]Recita le orazioni … Del Gago ti cerca!

But I would say:

Fa’ il segno della croce … Del Gago ti cerca!
(literally: make the sign of the cross … Del Gago is looking for you!)

Or:

Inginocchiati … Del Gago ti cerca!
(Kneel down … Del Gago is looking for you)[/quote]

Thanks! I’ll go for Make the sign of the cross… that’s catchy!

By the way, anyone any idea how to disguise “Dave Postma” or “loempiavreter” into an Italian name?

Davino Postino

David Da Posta

Tettere Portalettere

(I have no idea what to do with loempiavreter; I didn’t know the word for ‘loempia’ in Italian, the didctionary gives only paraphrases like ‘crespella fritta ripiena di verdura e carne’, which means ‘fried thin pancake filled with vegetables and meat’)

Not the poster I had in my mind, because the deadline is today:

Thanks for the help sherpschutter!

The forum resizes it a bit too much, check it here:

Well, maybe not what you had in mind, but i like it a lot

It seems a bit a SF spaghetti western, with Talibaan warriors and dwarfs in armour

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:9, topic:1227”]Well, maybe not what you had in mind, but i like it a lot

It seems a bit a SF spaghetti western, with Talibaan warriors and dwarfs in armour[/quote]

Actually that taliban warrior is a Tiger Zouave (from Louisiana), they fought during the US civil war (North vs South). They dressed like a French Zouave, these where Shock Troop soldiers in north african colonies belonging to french. They used the Zouave uniform in the US because, because it was designed for desert combat.

I wanted o have something that looks out of place (like that Kozack from Halleluja or the scotsman from the sequel), stumbled on them and it was even better because there where actually units in america).

Zouave Soldier from New York

I find it kind of strange they where never used in Spaghetti Westerns, maybe I got the timeframe wrong for US Zouave’s. Zouave’s where used till the first World War.

And yes that boomerang midget is a little bit of fantasy :stuck_out_tongue: