Please help me to name a soundtrack

Hi everybody,
I’m a big western music lover (especialy Morricone’s), I need your help,
maybe somebody knows the name of this track?

[url]http://www.talpykla.com/files/88/XXX%20WESTERN.mp3[/url]

So nobody knows the name? ::slight_smile:

Sorry mate, doesn’t ring any bells with me. In fact it sounds more like Hank Marvin and the Shadows to me!

Where’s Brother Chris Casey when you need him? He’s into that surf music sound. Hmmm … surf music+spaghetti westerns+musician … hey, it’s not that band of yours is it Chris? :wink:

Hey, I don´t really know this. But is it possible that this score is from the movie "IL MAGNIFICO STRANIERO " (Maledetto Gringo) with Clint Eastwood made in 1965? Has anybody seen that?
The soundtrack was made by Rudy Schrager and Frankie Lane (who also did the score of “Rawhide”).
But this is only a suggestion, I have never seen it, otherwise I think I know most Eastwood western except this.

[quote=“Chico Martino, post:5, topic:789”]Hey, I don´t really know this. But is it possible that this score is from the movie "IL MAGNIFICO STRANIERO " (Maledetto Gringo) with Clint Eastwood made in 1965? Has anybody seen that?
The soundtrack was made by Rudy Schrager and Frankie Lane (who also did the score of “Rawhide”).
But this is only a suggestion, I have never seen it, otherwise I think I know most Eastwood western except this.[/quote]

I don’t think there is an Eastwood movie with that title, Chico.
If there is, a hellova lot of people will make an order tonight, I suppose.
Il Magnifico Straniero was the working title of Per un pugno di dollari.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:6, topic:789”]I don’t think there is an Eastwood movie with that title, Chico.
If there is, a hellova lot of people will make an order tonight, I suppose.
Il Magnifico Straniero was the working title of Per un pugno di dollari.[/quote]Now I will not get any sleep until I know it. I was just searching and have seen that there was one project in 1965 which was released with this name. But within shortest time Eastwood took legal actions against it and it was taken down. The studio had bought some copies of Rawhide and made a movie out of it somehow.
I have heard the first time of it, but there are some places in the internet where it is mentioned.
Of course you´re right, it is not an official movie, but it is definitely interesting IMO.
Otherwise there is no movie I can imagine with that soundtrack.

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/272073

It makes you wonder how many ‘spaghetti surf’ bands there are out there.
Found this lot … an album called just that by Italian boys I FANTOMTICI.

There are snippets of tracks on their site pages and also on their myspace page. Didn’t find whether they’d done your tune Brother kps, but then I ain’t heard the title track or Klaus Kinski yet.
Could be, maybe ??? :slight_smile: Anyway cool sounds! 8)

[edit: or this lot - they mix a bit of soundracky-type vocals in occasionally ??? There’s plenty of links to other bands …
http://cdbaby.com/cd/hellbenders
… and I love their version of the Hellbenders theme.]

IL MAGNIFCO STRANIERO was a film dervied from 2 episodes of TVs Rawhide. This was released in Europe by the producers of FISTFULO OF DOLLARS after Sergio decided not to use them again. They were sued by Clint Eastwood and the movie was withdrawn. You can find stills, posters and lobby cards on e-bay. I have a few. Apparently the film was released in Mexico at one time.

Hey thanks to everybody for trying to help. Only one thing I know this track was played during the my local TV trailer of Clint Eastwood’s The Pale Rider , but I couldn’t find Pale rider’s OST anywhere. :wink:

[quote=“kps, post:10, topic:789”]Hey thanks to everybody for trying to help. Only one thing I know this track was played during the my local TV trailer of Clint Eastwood’s The Pale Rider , but I couldn’t find Pale rider’s OST anywhere. ;)[/quote]I think it´s definitely not Pale Rider, I´ve seen that two days ago. That music was very different, more “Eastwood-like” IMO

[quote=“Chico Martino, post:11, topic:789”]I think it´s definitely not Pale Rider, I´ve seen that two days ago. That music was very different, more “Eastwood-like” IMO[/quote] yeah I agree, I think the TV used the song which wasn’t from that movie’s OST :slight_smile: