Per un pugno di dollari - 4 Disc set?

Does this really exist ???

If so, what is the content of package?

Site and distributor (Ripley’s home video) are legit, but it seems to be out of print :frowning:

Anyway the box includes:

• Original trailer
  • featurette on the restoration of the movie
  • Comments by Tonino Valeri, Franco Giraldi, Ennio Morricone
    Montaldo, Caiano, Baldi, Koch and many others
  • Doppi e frat(tagli)e -> I can’t really understand what they mean here (and I’m a native speaker, lol) , I guess it’s cut scenes and outtakes
  • Archive material
  • Locations and sets
  • Cinema, Cinema: Sergio Leone (documentary for the first time on DVD)
  • A couple of other things about him
  • Frame from the film -> I guess you get to have the actual celluloid scrap ;D
  • Book about the movie
  • Copy of the original brochure
  • Original script
  • Original poster

Holy shit! Thats alot of stuff. Why are they not selling it no more? It seems even better than the MGM 2 disc special edition R1.

Yeah, I did a quick check and all the Italian collector’s editions seem to be out of print, even though they are quite recent… the 2 discs set (which has part of the special features, the poster and the script) is available at retail price on ebay.it though.

Oh, I did some further googling and apparently the 4 dvd limited edition was VERY limited… only 999 copies! It makes sense that it sold out so soon!

Well you never know they might have a five disc set in the pipeline :smiley: .

That’s what I make of it; frattaglie is something like proud flesh, growing round a wound that won’t heal, so it has to be cut away

Could ‘doppi’ have something to do with dubbing (doppiare)?

I noticed on an Italian forum some people sent their pre-ordered set back because of the wrong title:

PER UN PUGNO DI DI DOLLARI

And what you put on that fifth disc, my friend ?

The soundtrack … I thought so …

Great idea Scherpschutter !..you know me to well :wink: .

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:6, topic:1820”]That’s what I make of it; frattaglie is something like proud flesh, growing round a wound that won’t heal, so it has to be cut away

Could ‘doppi’ have something to do with dubbing (doppiare)?

I noticed on an Italian forum some people sent their pre-ordered set back because of the wrong title:

PER UN PUGNO DI DI DOLLARI[/quote]Frattaglie would be more like… the internal organs of edible animals, which are usually thrown away but can be cooked as delicacy - I was a bit wary of translating it because I don’t know if there’s a double entendre in cinematographic lingo. After all, the word “fegatelli” means “(cooked) chicken liver”, but it’s also cinema/tv slang for those “stock” shots like background details, landscapes, etc. that do not require actors and can be used as filler at any point in the story. Frattaglie pretty much falls in the same food group :slight_smile: but now that I think about it, since they emphasized the “tagli” bit of the word, it might simply mean “cut scenes”.

And re: the typo in the title - I’m beginning to suspect that, since they missed the Christmas 2008 release due to that mistake, they put it on hiatus and are waiting for the next holiday season to capitalize on it. Because I’ve yet to find anyone who actually owns the 4 disc box. ???

Okay, lemme apply some more google-fu… Mmh, that particular feature seems to be on the 2 disc edition as well, but it’s actually called “(Fra)tagli(e) doppi. Dal pugno di dollari”, makes much more sense now :smiley: “Between cuts and doubles. From the fistful of dollars”. I’ve found this reviewhttp://www.cineclandestino.it/articolo.asp?sez=69&art=2156 that details the 2 disc special features, which are the same from this mysterious 4 disc box except for the documentaries about Leone and some of the goodies (there’s “just” the book and the script):

"The first disc has the restored film with a video explaining the restoration process [the second] includes interviews with those who lived that period with Leone. So, enter Tonino Valerii, long time assistant to Leone, Franco Giraldi (second unit director to FOD), and obviously Ennio Morricone, the true "sound writer" to all of Leone's movies. There are also memoirs from other long time colleagues like Fernando Di Leo and Sergio Donati, Tonino Delli Colli and Mario Caiano[...]

The second disc also has a couple of little gems worth talking about. (Frat)tagli(e) doppi. Dal pugno di dollari […] is an interesting overview of faces from the set, of looks that change according to focus and more or less candid outtakes. The location analysis is very compelling as well, with historian Carlo Gaberscek going through the whole Joe the Stranger saga travelling through Spain, between Almeria and Madrid."

It also says that the script included is a reprint of the first draft, Il magnifico straniero, and that the book is a 52 pages paperback detailing the making of the film.

…dammit, now I want it too. I also want money to buy it ;_;

Oh my God, I want it too now …

Frattaglie: I found this meaning too now. I am a vegetarian, you know, so it took me some time
Actually I missed this ‘tagli’ bit of the word: tagliare, so ‘cut’