[Paramount Germany] Fistful of Dollars / For a Few Dollars more Collector's Eds

more like how real it sounds, the speakers that were chosen and so on, it sounds a lot cheaper. but most of the readers of this site assume don’t speak German anyway and are used to the english dub so… :slight_smile:

Just read your review for FAFDM - you say that “the cut beating scene with additional dialogue” is in the extras - does this mean there are still cuts in the main film? >:(

no. the extra shows the scene in its CUT form, with slightly altered dialogue.

Aha - so FAFDM itself is totally uncut and has the scenes missing from the MGM versions restored?

yes and no.

from what I’m reading on another forum, there might be a small shot missing of a boot trampling on eastwood’s back… but apart from that… and of course longer than MGM

Cut is cut. This was supposed to be the complete singing dancing version. >:(

Jeez, looks like I’m stuck with video versions forever.

What a pile of bollocks.

Not pleased.

:frowning: >:( >:(

well. its just a glimps i suppose, they might’ve overlooked that shot (which is inside the restored beating scene) or the material was just damaged. I don’t think the issue is cleared already.

it is still the worlwide best version available to date, no video version is longer to my knowledge. and the quality is outstanding. and for the fair price, i think its a must-buy, missing boot give or take

there’s a wild discussion going on at the Cinefacts.de TLE films forum right now, i’ll keep you updated on what develops there.

It was precisely BECAUSE there are more complete video versions that I knew scenes were cut from the DVD versions… Â ::slight_smile:

I’m not shooting the messenger, just Paramount and TLE.

i am also a bit disappointed. but its still only maximum of 2 seconds or something i assume, and it IS the best version available still.

but let’s wait until we hear more about this. after all, the two films DVD (4 discs) costs under 30 bucks and to me that’s okay because i love the films, i have never seen them this well restored and this long, and 2 seconds dont hurt me as much as the minutes that are missing from Once Upon a Time in the West

What’s the cheapest place to buy these if I’m not interested in the box?

I dont know. If you’re not IN germany, I suggest Amazon.de - you’ll find buying links on the database pages. but the 4 DVD box is still way cheaper than buying both seperately.

dollar 1:

dollar 2:

I’m in Sweden. What I meant was I don’t really need the watch. It’s not cheaper with the watch, is it?

well if you dont want the watch just buy the editions seperately or buy the 4-DVD set

Just received the wooden box special edition of FOD and FAFDM…I think this package is just superb!
I like the artwork, very much in sync with the artwork of the good old spaghetti days…The watch is imprinted with the likings of Clint and the FAFDM movie title. There’s no sound! The snippet from a movie reel is nice to have, although mine is from a scenery shot, so no eastwood or van cleef in it…too bad…
The silver coin is nothing spectacular, but hey, at least I got one now ;D. I believe the movies themselves have been talked about sufficiently now…Perhaps there’s a second missing somewhere somehow, but that should not keep you away from this release at all! Just having the wooden box sitting on my DVD shelf is already a big plus! So: get it while it lasts…I must say: we’re being spoiled with all the latests releases by MGM, Paramount, Wild East, Koch, etc. OK, sometimes it seems 'some of these are after the money, but all releases are great and at least time has been spent to make these releases decent. All you gotta do is read boards like these and make your choice. No point in biggering…

Happy viewing everybody!

Angel Eyes

[quote=“Sundance, post:31, topic:49”]I just put the “Nobody is the greatest” disc into my drive and unfortunately have to say that it does indeed have problems. Seems to be interlaced and thus watching with computer will produce very serious ghosting when deinterlaced. If I have understood it correctly, with PAL dvds the only reason interlacing should and would happen is when the source used has been interlaced (or is NTSC) and since the source is film in this case this shouldn’t happen, at all. So either they (who made the transfer) didn’t know what they were doing, were too lazy to push couple of buttons (or pressed too much :wink: ) or just didn’t care. :stuck_out_tongue: In any case I’d say it’s totally unacceptable… and I’m very disappointed. :confused:

http://www.sundances.net/nobodyg.jpg[/url]
[url=http://www.sundances.net/nobodyg2.jpg]http://www.sundances.net/nobodyg2.jpg[url]http://www.sundances.net/nobodyg.jpg[/url]
(Looks good, doesn’t it. :wink: ) Every single frame with movement will produce that kind of an effect. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure how much the interlacing affects the picture quality when vieving through TV though… or how it will affect on NTSC configurations since NTSC needs to make it into 29.997frames per second by combining some of the frames and causing interlacing…?

EDIT:
Oh and please feel free to move this to the thread about the Nobody discs if this would be better there.

Also, the Paramount disc seems to be noticeably cropped from the bottom when compared to the UK disc. Otherwise the framing is about the same (although Paramount may be losing on all sides, but this might change a bit from scene to scene).[/quote]

Alright so I was a bit skeptical and worried about buying these DVDS considering I had read reviews that mentioned a technical problem that people experienced during playback while watching the DVDS on their laptop. Well, despite this issue I decided to go ahead and dish out roughly $50 for the 4-disc set and I finally got around to watching the first film earlier tonight. Surprise! Surprise! I experienced absolutely no problems at all when playing the DVDS on my IBM laptop. So if you are (or were) considering purchasing the German Paramount DVDS but wanted to avoid any of the so-called technical problems, I dont think you should fret. Pick up the 4-disc set (or individual packaged DVDS) because these are most defiantly worth owning and Im confident as long as you have up to date DVD playback software you will be able to watch the movie(s) smoothly w/o any flaws.

I use WinDVD 6 and DVD Region Free 3.10. Im not for sure if that info is important or not but I just wanted to let everyone know thats what Im running.

As mentioned above, I had no problems with the “Nobody” DVDS. I also own the wooden boxset of the “Dollar” films and they have given me no complications either.

My watch was not even working when I opened the box. :-/

I tapped the glass a few times and then the handles finally started working. Poorly constructed? Perhaps

well, it would’ve been awesome if it actually played the melody :wink:

Are these restorations going to be released on blu-ray anytime soon?

I too would be interested in any info on these 1080p releases.
Come on Paramount TLE :slight_smile: