Once Upon a Time in the West / C’era una volta il West (Sergio Leone, 1968)

I can’t add any more than what’s already been said.

5 Stars.

Both for me :slight_smile:

just looking at the poll, what cunt gave it 1 star ??? ??? ???

Say what you mean Yodlaf. :wink: … but I think it was when Hugh (Mungo) Grant was a member on the forum! ;D

Poor Silver will have to go through this again. It’s the third time now, if i’m not mistaken :stuck_out_tongue: Check out some earlier posts in this thread.

Sadly, this happened to quite a lot of the polls ! Probably leftovers from our troll !? Can that be corrected ?

[quote=“Bluntwolf, post:126, topic:322”]Sadly, this happened to quite a lot of the polls ! Probably leftovers from our troll !? Can that be corrected ?[/quote]nope. it’s Silver.

The film will have its 40th birthday in december (it was released on december 21, 1968 in Rome)

It should be film of the month in december
And we should think about some special projects around the film

Yes… poor Silver.

God how many times have i been thru this??? Yes on reflection i would have rated it higher. But the fact is, for some unknown reason i just don’t like the frigging film. IS THAT OK? I’m always hearing how this is such a great place and evryone is entitled to their opinion, and of course no one likes the same thing…that’s what makes things interesting, blah blah blah… Except it isn’t true is it. When it comes tyo a handful of films it seems no-one is allowed to dissent from the majority view…which is rather vociferously and rudely defended at all times. Fine…call me a cunt. I’ve been called worse, and by better. The fact that you did just shows immaturity and a moronic attitude about these films. And don’t worry, i’m unlikely to “show my face” here again.

Hey Silver, please don’t take offense. I’m sure Yodlaf’s unfortunate phrasing was meant as an impulsive outburst rather than a personal insult to you and that he would be mortified to find you are leaving the forum as a result.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion on any film, or anything else for that matter. That is what this place is for and I for one would be very upset to see you leave us over this.

Phil’s right, it wasn’t personally aimed at you at all, it’a just a figure of speech if you know what i mean.

Course your entitled to an opinion (if we all thought the same it would be boring), Even if you don’t like it (i suppose some people may think it is a bit slow) i just can’t see how anyone can give it just one star, and that’s my opinion :wink:

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:50, topic:322”]I just noticed someone has given this film 1 star!!!

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but surely this is sabotage!!!

Send out a posse to lynch 'em![/quote]I must be getting alzheimers ;D

You’re right about this, Silver, we do say a bit too often that we have a wonderful site and that everybody’s is entitled to his own opinion

I mean, the site is great, and everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but from time to time we forget about all this and become rude and narrow-minded

People usually are less tolerant than they pretend to be (and want to be), we’re no exception to that rule
We’re almost human …

Stay with us, dear friend

Yes please stay Silver

Yodlaf Peterson wants to sound tough, but he didn’t dare to be around when SD was still here :smiley:

Well I’ve learnt a lesson here. I’ve been as flippant with my language as my friend Yod has, and said things, and used language, that on reflection maybe I shouldn’t have. As has been said by others here, including Yod - this was not a personal comment aimed at you Silver. It is tho’ - a less than subtle and obviously misplaced, ‘jokey’ comment on what is - after all, for most of the time, sometimes to its detriment - quite a ‘blokey’ site. A lesson needs to be learnt - by me as much as anybody else.
I value your knowledge, your views and input - and your idiosyncratic take on the genre that we all love. I would badly miss you if you left, as I’ve missed you already (you ain’t been here as much recently).
Yod’s a great bloke (don’t tell him I told ya) - but I’ll personally go darrn t’smoke an’ batter the cu… sorry tw… sorry BOUNDER (see, we’re learnin’!) - if you were to leave.
Anyway God has told me that you can’t leave - SO DON’T - alright? Please.

[Edit - please :-[.]

[quote=“Lindberg, post:135, topic:322”]Yes please stay Silver

…, but he didn’t dare to be around when SD was still here :D[/quote]
Neither did I! I seem to remember that I ‘resigned’ - please don’t go thataway!

@ Silver.

Your comments on westerns are informative and interesting …so it would be a sad loss to see you go :).

[quote=“Lindberg, post:135, topic:322”]Yes please stay Silver

Yodlaf Peterson wants to sound tough, but he didn’t dare to be around when SD was still here :D[/quote]ha ha, nice one. :smiley:

I was told about all that carry on.

But to be honest i wasn’t around because i had a spaghetti western overload :slight_smile:

It’s my favorite movie of all time! “Once upon…” is a perfect mix of american and italian western with brilliant camera working and dialogues. Score is also excellent. For me, Enio and Sergio are great as a team, just like John Williams and Spielberg/Lucas. When I first saw McBain massacre I repeated that scene. And I did it one more time. And again, etc. Of course I did the same thing with duel.

Cast is really, really great. Charles Bronson in his best. Shame most people associate him only with “Death wish” series. Henry Fonda as bad guy? Risky idea, but it works fantastic. Jason Robards and Claudia Cardinale are also irreplaceable. Sergio was the master of casting. Today this title belongs to Quentin Tarantino.

“Once upon a time in the west” is movie without weak points. Briefly speaking, it’s masterpiece.