Once Upon a Time in the West / C’era una volta il West (Sergio Leone, 1968)

Funny you say that, because I was bored as shit the first time I saw it. But oddly enough, it seems to get more and more entertaining with each repeated viewing for me. Perhaps its a sign I’m getting old :wink:

Or perhaps I use this as medicine after getting seizures from watching the fast edits and shakycam of the Jason Bourne series lol.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:427, topic:322”]I think to classify this film as an American western would be giving Hollywood too much credit!

The reason why this film is the greatest SW of all time is because it does everything right. Its got spaghetti elements without being exploitational or cartoonish. Its got American elements without being derivative. Its got the best elements of both American and Italian westerns all rolled up into one.

But of course, this film is still a complete piece of shit compared to Friday the 13th part 4, right Sartana? ;)[/quote]
friday the 13 part 4 it’s not a SW it’s a horror ok??

i think this is my favorite line of yours, sartana - you never miss

;D

lol

Your genius never ceases to amaze me.

he is just deadly serious about his favorite movies :wink:

friday part 4 its not my best one, part 6 and 7 are my best

Not a problem to me

Once upon a time in time is a better film than GBU and the ultimate SW, and one of the best films ever put to screen. Still My favourite SW is GBU, one of those things.

In my opinion GBU is a better film than Once upon a time in the west.

[quote=“sartana1968, post:5, topic:3130”]sorry but i don’t understand why this movie it’s sooooo great ???[/quote]Because it’s visually stunning, cinematography, music, acting.

That’s my view anyway.

Don’t bother replying because we already know you don’t like it and think it’s boring etc etc

For a film you don’t like you sure like to keep revisiting the thread and posting in it.

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:445, topic:322”]In my opinion GBU is a better film than Once upon a time in the west.[/quote]I think it’s more fun but not a better film but it comes so close for me anyway as GBU is my second favourite film.

By the logic of things Once upon a time in the west, got more things that normally make a film better, but mostly technicall stuff, that’s why I say it’s a better film than GBU.
But I always liked GBU most it’s my special SW, and I’m not comparing issue by issue, both soundtracks are great both got magnificent actors, but then GBU is more to my taste, or maybe cause I saw it first, sequence by sequence I remember the all god damn film.

Same here, Yod. Cheers! :wink:

Both are top-notches. As for OUATITW and any other spaghetti western classic, everybody has more and less favorite moments and there is nothing strange about it. You just must cease to watch it for some time and you’ll reveal it once again some day. I prefer Once Upon A Time, as it’s a more serious effort from Sergio, The Good The Bad is just good entertainment and fun, just like it was said above. :wink:

Both are absolutely great masterpieces. And both belong to the most fascinating and most entertaining movies I have ever seen.

But when GBU is 11/10 than OuTW is 12/10.

Why? It’s even more stunning and a slight little bit more entertaining.

Great scale. :wink:

leone scale :wink:

For me that’s the Leone scale, yes.

I’ve said this before, but Once Upon and GBU are number one and two on my Top 20, The Great Silence is thrird and still a wonderful, fascinating movie. But there’s a great gap between my Top 2 and the rest of the bunch. Those two masterpieces are way above the rest.