On the Third Day Arrived the Crow / … e il terzo giorno arrivò il Corvo (Gianni Crea, 1973)

Database page: E il terzo giorno arrivò il corvo - The Spaghetti Western Database

Now that’s a truly bad movie. The whole middle section of the movie feels like a bunch of unrelated scenes. It features the most embarassing fistfights and bar brawls, that start without any apparent reason and end just as abruptly. Berger shows up when nearly an hour has passed and is killed 15 minutes later. He looked bored anyway [can’t blame him]. Also features some of the most awkward pieces of dialogue ever, for example:
“Looks like a holdup”
“Looks that way”
“There were carrying gold”
“It was a holdup alright”
or
“Where is the office of Lawson Company”
“Down there” [points with his head to show the right building]
“Is it far?”
Simply delighting ;D
The few things that kept me from giving it 1/10 - it was more laughable than cringe-inducing [but not as funny as for example “Even Django has his price” or “Savage guns”], the music did’nt make my ears bleed and the showdown with the Crow and events leading to it were surprisingly well shot [it made me thing someone else directed them], so i give it 2 out of 10.

Can anybody tell me whether my version was cut or something because it didn’t feature scene that looked like the one on this poster (nice idea anyway):

Yep, this film has been mentioned few times in the “worst sw” topic. One of the worsts I’ve seen. The last 20 minutes are taken from another Crea film Finders Killers.

I actually found something great about this movie :stuck_out_tongue:
This german vhs cover has to be one of the best ever:

[quote=“alk0, post:3, topic:1075”]I actually found something great about this movie :stuck_out_tongue:
This german vhs cover has to be one of the best ever:
[/quote]
Coincidence? This just came uo on brit. ebay - finished 2 days ago. Nearly bought it just for the cover … but then thought what the heck, and saved the image anyway.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I love this movie & i cannot understand why it’s so underrated. :frowning:

My only criticism is that there is not enough of William Berger, despite him playing “The Crow”. >:(

1 Like

[quote=“CactusCharlie, post:5, topic:1075”]I love this movie & i cannot understand why it’s so underrated. :frowning:

My only criticism is that there is not enough of William Berger, despite him playing “The Crow”. >:([/quote]
You cannot mean that… Awful almost non-existant performance by Berger, awful boring plot… Bloody damn terrible movie. Said it before and will say it again: This one is the worst spaghetti western I’ve seen so far. I’m normally fond of Berger in these movies but this one is ridiculous.

Fair enough, but i like it.

I have seen far worse SW’s than this:Tedeum, Aquasanta Joe, Giu La Testa … Hombre & Johnny West.

Haven’t seen Tedeum yet but have heard only bad things about it :slight_smile: Look forward to be seeing it though, haven’t seen Palance in a bad spaghetti yet (no I really didn’t think God’s Gun was that bad)…

1 Like

Out of the 6 SW’s he made Tedeum is the only one that sucks.

I find TEDEUM enjoyable in a fun kind of way, love that fight in the bathhouse!

I like the title to this film.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:11, topic:1075”]I like the title to this film.[/quote]That’s true, one of the coolest sw title. Italians were good at marketing their films even when they suck.

That’s the best scene in it.

I just don’t like the slapstick element in movies and i feel it makes a mockery out of SW’s.

Today arrived a vhs… Box title: A fistful of death :smiley:
Don’t know when I’ll be watching it, but I’ll report in this topic.

I must confess that I have an interest in this film. Any NTSC copies out there?

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! Thats what I thought of this movie.

WHO’S THE PHYSCO WHO GAVE IT 5 STARS???

Someone who just wanted to see the results! But forgot that he could easily check it without rating…

[quote=“korano, post:16, topic:1075”]UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! Thats what I thought of this movie.

WHO’S THE PHYSCO WHO GAVE IT 5 STARS???[/quote]
What did you really think of it :wink:

[size=3][move][shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!![/glow][/shadow][/move][/size]

It was so bad, Iwas laughing. Thank you alk0 for sending this one as it was perfect in it’s imperfection.

Top marks from me for the title of the film.