Offscreen Festival in Brussels: 15 spaghetti westerns on 35mm!

I would really love to go. It is a shame that i wont have time as I need to organise a lot of stuff. Will be going to Melbourne as soon as possible to do my PhD so I need to figure out which visa to get and stuff like this.
Its a pity. I hope you guys make a strong appearance there, maybe someone could hand out flyers for this wepsite to get more following, even though we already have a really great community going on.

I’d love to go too.

@silence you are too young 4 such a trip :slight_smile: You need to have your parents look after you. My tip: break out and take a trip by hitch-hiking :slight_smile:

So lets meet up somewhere. I gonna organize the german beer cos I can already see myself complaining about Stella and Heinecken and stuff. I wouldnt take the trip all alone. So if someone wants to share a car and hostel and stuff please p.m. me.

Bringing beer to Belgium is like carrying water to the sea :slight_smile:
Great beer is just about the only thing Belgium is known for.

[quote=“tolpol, post:24, topic:2194”]Bringing beer to Belgium is like carrying water to the sea :slight_smile:
Great beer is just about the only thing Belgium is known for.[/quote]

Thats supposed to be a rumor :slight_smile:

I would like it to see GBU and The Mercenary on the big screen, but it’s impossible for me in March.

I’m a bit disappointed. If the movies were crammed into 4-5 days, I would definitely go. But the way the programm is (20+ days), it would be extremely expensive for me, I simply can’t leave Greece for that long this period and even if I could I don’t have that kind of money.
I thought about going for a weekend or so, but unfortunately I can’t justify the costs involved for 3-4 movies only, no matter how much I want to see them on big screen.

Well - it’s just your standard festival program, don’t think you can realistically expect them to cram the spaghettis all into a few days.

By the way - those planning to go - once you’ve chosen which ones to see, tickets for the spaghetti’s that are shown at the Cinematek can be ordered online. There’s only a limited number of seats. The four spaghetti’s at Nova Cinema should be no problem as it’s a bigger venue.
This is the Cinematek-site in French: http://www.cinematek.be/?node=17&event_id=100058700
And in Dutch : http://www.cinematek.be/?node=17&event_id=100058700&lng=nl

Don’t know what’s standard and what not as far as these things are concerned, I for one attended a greek cult film festival three weeks ago - 15 movies within 3 days. Maybe I’m asking too much, but needing 3 weeks to watch 15 Spaghettis makes it practically impossible for the vast majority of those who live outside (or at least not close enough to) of Belgium. That’s incredibly time and money consuming for a foreigner, but then again maybe the festival is not aiming at foreigners in order to be succesful - and I do accept that, if the festival focused only on SW maybe things could have been easier, that’s a different story though /End of rant

Sorry - I was a bit blunt, must be frustrating.

No problem, amigo. No offense was meant from my part either. I just said how the whole situation might be from the foreigner’s perspective, it’s surely way more frustrating that I won’t be able to attend the festival :frowning:

Did anyone here attend these screenings?