Obscure Spaghetti about a Mexican Bandit or Revolutionary

A couple of years ago I found a full Spaghetti Western movie on Youtube in Spanish or Italian. It was about a Mexican Bandit or Revolutionary. It seemed quite low budget with no familiar names. No Nero, no Milian, nobody I recognized. I know it was definitely not a well-known movie like Quien Sabe or Companeros or Il Mercenario. I would guess the movie was dated between about 1967 to 1972. I only got to watch the first few minutes. I think the bandits may have been killing Federales or perhaps a rescue from a firing squad was involved. The main character was a Bandit leader. I don’t think there has ever been an English dubbed or subtitled version. I know it’s not much to go on, but I hope someone can help. Thanks!

The only film I can think that hasn’t had a known English dub is Garter Colt from 1971, but that had Nicoletta Machiavelli, Claudio Camaso (brother of Gian Maria Volonte), and Walter Barnes. Don’t know if this helps any, but it’s the best I got.

IMDB has “keyword” search available. If you use first “mexican revolution” and then “firing squad”, then there are only 12 films to check.

Thanks guys! I just found it with a google search of spaghetti western Mexican Revolution. It is El Bandido Malpelo (1971) https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/El_Bandido_Malpelo_review

Keywords “mexican revolution” and “zapata western” did match.

1 Like

Looks pretty good! This is the Spanish version. Apparently in the original Italian version, the executions are not covered by the credits. Thanks again, Amigos!

1 Like