No Room to Die / Una lunga fila di croci (Sergio Garrone, 1969)

I wondered about the same thing. It should’ve been left on the cutting room floor.

Too true…

You’ll understand it a little better when you get older Rif! :wink:

Really good showdown scene at the end, between Brandon, Murdock and Fargo. Not as polished as GBU of course but nice all the same.

I like this one, a little gem of the genre. 4/5

I do really like the atmosphere in this one. Can’t really describe it though. Looks likeit was shot completely in the morning. At least on the SPO disc. Oh, and great sandpits. I think they used just that one for all of them. :smiley:

I remember Shobary mentioning in his review that the fall foliage looks nothing like the american west.

Probably! Well, some spaghetti seem to been filmed in my “backyard” (Alentejo, Portugal) . I recently watched Texas Adios and it’s a good example, rocks are so damn familiar!!!

The illegal immigration issue is a strength of this flick. If I correctly remember, I had fall asleep during part of this one. Nevertheless as I remember the final sequence is very enjoyable. Berger’s gun it’s a fake, right?

Fun movie with Steffen in a good role alongside one of my favorites, William Berger. I want to revisit it again as it’s been a couple months since my last viewing.

It is but, as I mentioned once in another thread, it is similar to an old volley gun of the Napoleonic era.

http://www.95thrifles.com/95th/history/articles/nock-gun/

Yea a gun like that would have shattered his shoulder if it was accurate.

C’mon Frank! We’re talkin about Billie Berger! I might had shattered the shoulder of PLL, but not of Berger! ;D

LOL Bronco Nagurski always envied William Berger’s shoulders

Hey guys,

just picked up a DVD of this film for 5 bucks, thereby ending the SW drought I was enduring here down under in OZ. Its from a company called bounty and part of a 70s Spaghetti Western series. If it is any good I might pick up others, as return of ringo and sartana in the valley of death. Anybody heard of the company??? I’m gonna post how the DVD is. But more info on the company and maybe the other movies that are in the series is appreciated, because 5 dollars sounds quite good.

Saw this one while in the hospital, good flick a nice body count and I had to turn the volume down with so many shooting around.
Steffen and Berger are Ok, I specially liked the last and was hoping he won the duel, getting kind of tired of all the stoic suffering from Steffen. the plot of the film wasn’t bad at all, and some time this film reminde me of when I was a kid and palyed Indias nad cowboys, of course I always used a winchester or a colt not Berger’s gun, and Phil’s right those volley guns come from the Napoleonic war and before that they were use assince the 16th or something, normally a musquet with seven barrels that shoot all at the same time, the thing is that it took more time to reload than the average musquet as you all can imagine.
Well anyway a good average spaghetti with a good story, well filmed liked the flashbacks and all, nothing outstanding of course but watchable, with an happy ending.

[quote=“El Topo, post:34, topic:802”]Saw this one while in the hospital, good flick a nice body count and I had to turn the volume down with so many shooting around.
Steffen and Berger are Ok, I specially liked the last and was hoping he won the duel, getting kind of tired of all the stoic suffering from Steffen. the plot of the film wasn’t bad at all, and some time this film reminde me of when I was a kid and palyed Indias nad cowboys, of course I always used a winchester or a colt not Berger’s gun, and Phil’s right those volley guns come from the Napoleonic war and before that they were use assince the 16th or something, normally a musquet with seven barrels that shoot all at the same time, the thing is that it took more time to reload than the average musquet as you all can imagine.
Well anyway a good average spaghetti with a good story, well filmed liked the flashbacks and all, nothing outstanding of course but watchable, with an happy ending.[/quote]

Hospital? EstĂĄs bem sĂłcio?

Mais ou menos sĂłcio, desculap nĂŁo ter dito nada jĂĄ te enviei um email a explicar a cena.

Anyway thank’s for the SW companheiro, been watching a lot of those you send me lately

Re-watch this one yesterday and this time I didn’t fall asleep. I’m now far more convinced, the movie is very well filmed, the score is very enjoyable and Steffen fits perfectly here. I’ d rate it 4/5 nowadays. Watch Raro Video DVD, very good and cheap!

A good movie overall. The film suffers a bit from a bit cheesy soundtrack of Vasco & Mancuso.
A script was very good and refreshing. Sure it’s cheaply made, but I don’t have any problems with it. A Garrone’s direction I found uncreative but still solid and definitely above average. Particularly I like the final duel, well filmed with low angled camera, I was actually surprised with it’s quality. 8)
It is somewhere in my top 40, in fact in the end. It could have been better if someone else had composed soundtrack.
The music is likable, but still average or even below average. :-
Nevertheless I’d recommend it to anybody, who’s interested in spaghetti’s.
It has it all: good cast(the best was Berger IMO), nice direction, very good story.

Seriously this is my kind of spaghetti with all the ingredients that i like. :smiley: Good all around. It’s in my top 20.

Funny, I always thought that this film had one of the better soundtracks. This is also in my top 20. Overall a great film, but theres too much suspension of disbelief at times.