New Terence Hill western!

I received a post card today from my good friend Neil Summers who says Terence Hill called him from Rome and asked him to be in a new western that he will begin filming in Santa Fe, New Mexico in October of 2008. I will keep you all informed as much as I can and with updates from Neil also.

Nice news!

This news makes my day!

I can’t wait, Terence Hill rocks. 8)

Good News ! ;D

Yes, please keep us updated Tom. It will be interesting to see how that develops and good news indeed if it all comes to pass.

Hope this pans out!

Let’s hope it’s better than the Lucky Luke stuff.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Anything ever come of this?

Just saw that once more there is talk of him reprising a Trinity role

Apparently both articles quoting an interview with him in Corriere della serra that I don’t have access to (plus, it’s the weekend add on not the regular issue)…

The quotes from the interview are three months old. Not sure why they are recycling the news now.

1 Like

tabloids doing tabloidy things :wink: thanks for the link!

From the translator:

«I DID NOT WANT TO TURN A WESTERN anymore. I THOUGHT IT WAS UNITED, I HAVE ALREADY DONE EVERYTHING … THEN I HAVE FOUND A BOOK WITH THE TRUE HISTORY OF AN ITALIAN HERITAGE THAT IS EMIGRATED AT THE END OF EIGHTEN IN AMERICA …»

Tell me a little.
“On the street a mother came to meet me with her two beautiful girls. That woman said to me, “Ah, this is Terence Hill. I appreciate it, but promise me that it will continue to make films like this, fun and without violence so that I can continue to bring my girls to the cinema…”. Since then I have a sword of Damocles on my head, which made me refuse so much western cinema that they proposed to me in America. Also First Blood, the title of the film that became Italy Rambo and inaugurated the whole series with Stallone ».

For his western without free violence he paid prices. And even today he has no intention of bending, it seems to me.
«At the violent western no, but on the return of the western I am ready to participate. And all this recovery of interest, which has been in America for a while and is coming to Italy now, I really like it…».

He’s going to give us some news?
“The return of my Trinity”.

THE NEW FILM ‘TRINITY, HIS SISTER AND PISTOLA’ SHOULD BE SIGNED IN THE ABRUZZO TO START FROM THIS SUMMER

Even
«I tell the truth: I didn’t want to shoot a western anymore. I thought it was useless, that I had already done everything and that I could not have done better. But then I found a book with the true story of an Italian nun who emigrated to America from the Ligurian hinterland at the end of the nineteenth century with her peasant and very poor family. From Cincinnati, alone, she decided to go to the West ».

And Trinity as it enters this story?
«The film opens like this: Trinity is seen on her famous" litter "and then she, the nun, surrounded by three threatening cow boys. He understands that he is in danger and saves her from those three. From here begins the story that is titled Trinity, the nun and the gun Where the Gun is Billy the Kid because she really met Billy the Kid in her life. We have been working on the script for 18 months, amid various difficulties as is normal. I hope to leave in Abruzzo in the summer. I also direct this spaghetti western of mine from Trinità which is intertwined with real characters from the West such as Billy the Kid. The nun in the film is called Blandina, the real name was Rosa Maria Segale ».

At this point we can say that Trinità is the film he is most fond of?
«Without a doubt it is my favorite. Enzo Barboni, who was a stage photographer, told me about that story all day while I was shooting Prepare the coffin, one of my minor films: a head like this made me. Until he found a producer who trusted to put a film in the hands of a simple stage photographer. But he had written a beautiful story and became a director (with the pseudonym of E. B. Clucher; ed.) ».

A nun with a gun is wonderful fun … :wink:

1 Like