NEW Spaghetti Western site

Hey everybody. I wanted to let you all know about my new Eurowestern site at http://fistfulofpasta.com. Some of you might have seen some of it on a blog of mine called Five Before Chaos, but I was enjoying watching and writing about them so much, I decided I should do a site.

Also, I’m looking for people who like to write about them. I’m hoping to have it be almost like a magazine and have it feature contributors (it’s not a commercial site or anything). It’s not in any way like, supposed to be like or competing with the SWDB, I just like the idea of having several perspectives on a plain ol’ regular fan site. Nothing’s close to the DB!

Anyways, please come on over and have a look. If you wanna contribute to it, there’s info over there on that. Also, if you have any comments or anything, I’d like to know what ya think.

Thanks, amigos!

You claim to be a “site about SWs” presumably intended to attract SW Fans.

In your first postings on this board you rudely called a SW TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 by Dawson “a pile of Crap” & talked utter nonsense about “Blaxploitation”. This is a SW ???
You failed to mention the LEADING STARS, LEADING LADY or anything relevant on it.

In the first page of your site ( a SW site) you describe
SWs as : “piles of steaming Grade Z garbage” ??? Except for “some”. ???

WHO exactly are you to decide/describe SWS as “grade Z Garbage” ? except for some
which you praise and those maybe are the REAL GARBAGE if any “garbage” exists.

Then proceed to give strongly inaccurate opinionated “reviews” of SWS like W DJANGO 1971, TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 etc again using mocking, derogatory, inaccurate words.

I am a dedicated SW fan and am appalled/repelled by your foul/rude/inflammatory
descriptions of SWs and 99% of your OPINIONATED “reviews” which are BACK to FRONT

What you should be doing is putting the details, cast, director, music etc credits of
SWS and let people decide for themselves. IMPARTIAL at the very least is the way.
Or better still if you care/like SWs at all you should be looking to PRAISE/ELEVATE them

A film critic like Loser Halliwell who hated all SWs would have loved your site & 1st page

Jeez, easy there tiger.

You wanna tell me how a Franco and Ciccio movie is not a steaming pile of garbage?

Look, I love the movies. But Christ, some of these movies are really bad. So what? You wanna tell me “Take A Hard Ride” is a masterful film? And I taked about 'Blaxpolitation films" in that it starred three of the biggest stars of the blaxploitation genre.
All reviews are opinionated. Those are opinions. I love these movies but Jesus, I’m not kidding myself that they’re all high pieces of art like Leone of Sollima. So if I don’t like a particular movie, or think one was crap I’m not a real fan? ???

You said:
What you should be doing is putting the details, cast, director, music etc credits of
SWS and let people decide for themselves.

Um, no, isn’t that what the SWDB is all about? ???

IMPARTIAL at the very least is the way.

Um, no, a review is a person’s OPINION on it. It’s not a summary or an encyclopedia. It’s a REVIEW. You can write yours the way you want to , and I’m sorry that mine don’t meet your incredibly high standards. But I don’t appreciate you insulting me, either.

Or better still if you care/like SWs at all you should be looking to PRAISE/ELEVATE them

When they’re good, I do. Did you read more than one or two? Why

Look, I had to try real hard not to lose my cool from your response… I read the SWDB all of the time, I love watching these movies. But I don’t appreciate you rudely telling me what my reviews are supposed to be like, and what films I’m supposed to like. Opinionated reviews? Of course they are.

using mocking, derogatory, inaccurate words.

Well, sometimes there’s some pretty funny stuff in these movies. So?

And I didn’t say most of em were crap. I said I loved most of em.

Franco and Ciccio & Hill and Spencer SW so called “comedies” are using your words
“a steaming pile of garbage” I AGREE 100%.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my reproach of your site , do you think you possibly could

Make it clear that the “garbage” SWs are those awful comedy/slapstick unfunny lot
instead of the violent/serious/nihilistic/revengeful SWs that myself and most fans LOVE.

If you made that VITAL POINT very clear it would I assure you make SWs fans happy :slight_smile:

Does that make good SW sense ?

OOps you’ve removed your post after I quoted it :o

Look, SARTANA DJANGO, I just thought of something… I wonder if perhaps you misread my site. I speak in a rather sarcastic, half serious way. And it just occurred to me that people not accustomed to my way of speaking might find that offensive.

I love these movies, I just don’t take some of them seriously, because they’re poorly made. I thought everyone realized that. They are all just opinions, man. I’m sure there are some movies I like but you don’t. and that’s okay! It’s about opinions. I came over here to let you all know about it because I wanted people to enjoy it, I don’t post in the forums much but I read them and the DB all of the time, so I thought this would be a great place to talk about it. Peace.’

I put the Franco and Ciccio quote back.

Some people like comedy westerns, and not all of the violent revenge ones are good. There’s all sorts of opinions, so I think I’ll leave it up to the readers to decide what they think are steaming piles of crap.

I might change the language to prevent the misunderstanding.

[quote=“lordradish, post:5, topic:940”]Look, SARTANA DJANGO, I just thought of something… I wonder if perhaps you misread my site. I speak in a rather sarcastic, half serious way. And it just occurred to me that people not accustomed to my way of speaking might find that offensive.

I love these movies, I just don’t take some of them seriously, because they’re poorly made. I thought everyone realized that. They are all just opinions, man. I’m sure there are some movies I like but you don’t. and that’s okay! It’s about opinions. I came over here to let you all know about it because I wanted people to enjoy it, I don’t post in the forums much but I read them and the DB all of the time, so I thought this would be a great place to talk about it. Peace.[/quote]

Ok L/Radish thanks for being so frank and explaining yourself :slight_smile:

I had misread you from your rather “sarcastic half serious” manner and I am very
passionate, maybe over sensitive in liking SWS/GIALLOS/HORROR so I was offended.
I feel there is so much ROTTING GARBAGE made between 1982 to 2008 that I value
Highly serious SWs/Giallos/Horror made between 1950-1980.

But I read carefully what you said and it is after all only OPINIONS :o which could be
right or wrong its down to personal taste which we all have.
You have a right to give your views as much as I have. I am used to your style now :o

I will look at your site more carefully and hope to find plenty of positive reviews.
I have also slagged off some fims/actors in a witty/sarcastic manner so fair play.

PEACE as you said and good luck with your site. :slight_smile:

You said

I agree!
I write a lot of positive reviews… I just like to poke fun at things, like when in Today It’s Me, Tomorrow It’s You, and you can see the camera shadow riding along behind the horses, or the car tracks behind Lee Van Cleef’s wagon in Beyond the Law. I love a more of these movies than not. Perhaps that makes my site a bit different than what you’re used to.

Happy to know we agree on the Classic SW/Giallos/Horror/Westerns 1950-1980 !!

I am sure I will LIKE/ENJOY your site now that you have explained it so well. :slight_smile:
I will look out for those errors in Beyond The Law 68 and Todays Its me 68… ;D

[quote=“lordradish, post:7, topic:940”]You said

I agree!
I write a lot of positive reviews… I just like to poke fun at things, like when in Today It’s Me, Tomorrow It’s You, and you can see the camera shadow riding along behind the horses, or the car tracks behind Lee Van Cleef’s wagon in Beyond the Law. I love a more of these movies than not. Perhaps that makes my site a bit different than what you’re used to.[/quote]

@Lordradish
Welcome to the forum amigo. Your site looks great and as far as I’m concerned any new promotion of the genre is a good thing. I like the magazine style idea and I’m sure there are few people here who would enjoy contributing articles etc. I certainly would, as writing about this stuff is what I enjoy most. I will always post anything I write on the database of course because this is my home and that’s what it’s for, but aside from that I’d be keen to help.
Besides, anyone who gets through the baptism of fire you just did deserves a bit of support! :wink:

Nice work Lordradish

Something went wrong with (no kidding) the Take a hard ride review
Don’t know if it’s your fault or mine, but I got all kind of weird signs on my screen (crap!)

Added the site to my favourites

[quote=“Phil H, post:9, topic:940”]@Lordradish
Welcome to the forum amigo.
Besides, anyone who gets through the baptism of fire you just did deserves a bit of support! ;)[/quote]
Amen Brother. God has informed me that you are most righteous in your quest. Keep it up despite adversity. :wink:

;D

yea, tha’s a nice website, except that…

Something went wrong with (no kidding) the Take a hard ride review Don't know if it's your fault or mine, but I got all kind of weird signs on my screen (crap!)

The font’s don’t seem to display properly. I tried Firefox and IE, both the same way.

good luck with the site, though!

:slight_smile:

Well, thank you all very much for your words of encouragement!

I’m fixing the “Take A Hard Ride” right now. I’ve been up till 3AM this last week getting it ready, so I must have missed that one. Thanks for letting me know. I hope to hear from some of you if you’re interested in contributing.

Thanks again, amigos and keep the suggestions coming.

I fixed Take a Hard Ride.

Also, for those who are interested, I’ll more than likely be putting up one review a week.

Nice site, my man.

The first one I read was Day of Anger and you liked it, therefore I like your site. ;D

Anyway you’re right of course, everyone’s opinion is his own, despite the efforts of some to create some kind of SW regime. :wink:

Nice site LR. Stick to your guns and don’t apologize for your opinions. Hell it is your site after all.

Good looking site.

For those of you thinking of contributing, few things I’d love to have…

[ul][li]someone that likes to write reviews about the comedy westerns. I don’t, but I know some of you like them, I’d love to have reviews of the Hill/Spencer films, even the Franco/Ciccio films.[/li]

[li]Anyone know much about the Dollars/Almeria town set that we see in so many of these films? It’d be great to have a piece talking about it, as well as a list of films that use that same set.[/li]

[li]Political analysis: I’m not too knowledgeable about the political themes in some of these films (context, philosophy, etc), which is funny considering how political I am. I know much of these are more from a European political perspective, I’d love to have some stuff on there about that.[/li][/ul]

Thanks again for your encouragement, amigos!

[quote=“lordradish, post:18, topic:940”]For those of you thinking of contributing, few things I’d love to have…

[ul][li]Political analysis: I’m not too knowledgeable about the political themes in some of these films (context, philosophy, etc), which is funny considering how political I am. I know much of these are more from a European political perspective, I’d love to have some stuff on there about that.[/li][/ul][/quote]

Sounds right up your alley Scherps :slight_smile:

Sounds good.