Need database help

I have a ton of info on this month’s directors that I understand you want to put into the database. I couldn’t figure out the editing stuff, anyway, I’m happy to email the info to someone who will put it in the database, or can somebody give me an easy quick way to list stuff myself.

thanks

actually all you need is an account for the main page. then, find the article you need, and click EDIT. then you have a window similar to one here in the forum when posting. you just enter the stuff you want, just like in Word, and then hit save.

if you dont want to do the stuff yourself, just post it in the project august topic

Hi, I’d like to post my “opinion” about Django on the database, unfortunately in the “more on this film” box the “opinions” click-on is missing. Can I/how do I create one? Also If I want to write an opinion for a film which already has one, do I just go into “edit” and add my opinion below the one already there. Cheers.

yes and yes

Hey everybody,
I’ve been looking at the database and find that for some of my favorite films there is no synopsis or it is incomplete or inaccurate in some way. I’d like to edit those but, since I’m still new here, I want to make sure I do it right.
Is there some set of rules that say how detailed a synopis should be, how long? Contain spoilers?
Any set of criteria? Maybe it is posted somewhere and I missed it in my search.
When I look at different films I see no real consistent way of it being done.
Thanks amigos.

Hm, we aren’t really confirmed with some of the synopsis of the movies. The best way would be a short but detailed synopsis with NO spoilers in it. The best way would be a text that would make you want to watch this film. Got that? :wink: So there aren’t criteria, just do it. You can’t do anything false.

Thank you Lode. I’ll write some up this weekend and maybe post them in the appropriate thread to get some feedback.

Do DEATH RIDES A HORSE/Da uomo a uomo Romaine, the actual synopsys hurts my eye and mind

I’ll do a film review about the movie soon

Yes, I think this is too short and too unspecial. Sounds like a text from the DVD. It should be more movie-special. Hard to describe, but I think you know what I mean :wink:

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:8, topic:81”]Do DEATH RIDES A HORSE/Da uomo a uomo Romaine, the actual synopsys hurts my eye and mind

I’ll do a film review about the movie soon[/quote]

Ok, I’ll try. I have not seen that one in some time so I will have to watch it again to make sure I make no mistakes. The ones I have in mind are ones I have seen recently and/or have quite a good memory of.
I’m about due for a reviewing of Death Rides A Horse anyway!

Among the ones I have looked and found wanting are: Black Killer, A Bullet For Sandoval, Black Jack, El Puro, Night Of The Serpent, Get Mean, & Death Sentence. These are all films that I feel are my bastard children. I want to do right (write!) by them. I love them!

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:10, topic:81”]Ok, I’ll try. I have not seen that one in some time so I will have to watch it again to make sure I make no mistakes. The ones I have in mind are ones I have seen recently and/or have quite a good memory of.
I’m about due for a reviewing of Death Rides A Horse anyway!

Among the ones I have looked and found wanting are: Black Killer, A Bullet For Sandoval, Black Jack, El Puro, Night Of The Serpent, Get Mean, & Death Sentence. These are all films that I feel are my bastard children. I want to do right (write!) by them. I love them![/quote]

Okay, Romaine, you’ll do your bastard children, I’ll do DEATH RIDES A HORSE;
I planned to write a review next week anyway
(Only problem is that I won’t have too much time)

I wouldn’t make those plot descriptions and reviews on this movie page not too long
In-depth reviews are outsourced and a short description/impression can be very useful (and exactly what a visitor is looking for)

I’ll give as much feedback as I can, here on this thread

No rush…there is always another day.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:11, topic:81”]I wouldn’t make those plot descriptions and reviews on this movie page not too long
In-depth reviews are outsourced and a short description/impression can be very useful (and exactly what a visitor is looking for)

I’ll give as much feedback as I can, here on this thread[/quote]

Thanks Scherps.
Ok, I’ll keep them relatively brief. Hey, I did not understand exactly what you meant in this sentence: “In-depth reviews are outsourced”

An observation: many/some movies in the database have neither a synopsis OR a review. It seems to me on those it might be appropriate to include in the synopsis some info that might also ordinarily go in a review. For instance, a mention of which actors play which parts.
Anyway, I’ll have a couple of things done by Monday and you can take a look.

I can relate to your lack of time. I’m a single dad of a seven year old boy (he lives with me, not his mom) so between that and working I don’t have a lot of time either. But I AM obsessed with Spaghettis so I’m sure I can make a contribution.
Thanks again for your feedback!

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:13, topic:81”]Thanks Scherps.
Ok, I’ll keep them relatively brief. Hey, I did not understand exactly what you meant in this sentence: “In-depth reviews are outsourced”

An observation: many/some movies in the database have neither a synopsis OR a review. It seems to me on those it might be appropriate to include in the synopsis some info that might also ordinarily go in a review. For instance, a mention of which actors play which parts.
Anyway, I’ll have a couple of things done by Monday and you can take a look.[/quote]

When you look at the right, there are links to other info on the movie, for instance “DVD information”, “DVD review”, “Pictures” etc.
I meant to sy that they’re not on the same page
The reviews like Phil and I published here recently on the forum, are neither on that page once they’re uploaded; when such a review exists (for instance for Tepepa) there is a link “Film review”

There is apparently still quite a lot of work to be done
I’m still relatively new on the forum/site too, haven’t yet studied all the movie pages
Some 500 - 600 movies are listed, and I guess some/many of them have not been viewed by anyone; I guess I watched some 200 spaghettis. There must be people who’ve seen more, but I don’t think anyone saw them all. I guess Tom Betts is or front runner, so you better ask him how many spaghettis he saw so far.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:14, topic:81”]When you look at the right, there are links to other info on the movie, for instance “DVD information”, “DVD review”, “Pictures” etc.
I meant to sy that they’re not on the same page
The reviews like Phil and I published here recently on the forum, are neither on that page once they’re uploaded; when such a review exists (for instance for Tepepa) there is a link “Film review”

There is apparently still quite a lot of work to be done
I’m still relatively new on the forum/site too, haven’t yet studied all the movie pages
Some 500 - 600 movies are listed, and I guess some/many of them have not been viewed by anyone; I guess I watched some 200 spaghettis. There must be people who’ve seen more, but I don’t think anyone saw them all. I guess Tom Betts is or front runner, so you better ask him how many spaghettis he saw so far.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification.
Like you, I’ve seen about 200. I have about another 40 waiting to be watched.
I would guess that you are right about Tom Betts. But I have noticed some others on this site that DVD collections MUCH larger than mine.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:11, topic:81”]Okay, Romaine, you’ll do your bastard children, I’ll do DEATH RIDES A HORSE;
I planned to write a review next week anyway
(Only problem is that I won’t have too much time)

I wouldn’t make those plot descriptions and reviews on this movie page not too long

I’ll give as much feedback as I can, here on this thread[/quote]

@ Scherps & Lode
Here’s my synopsis of A Bullet For Sandoval. It is the only one I could get to this weekend. It corrects the inaccuracies in the one currently up and makes the film appear interesting without giving anything away.
Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Confederate corporal John Warner deserts on the eve of a decisive battle that takes place in the border region of the American southwest during the Civil War. He has received word that while away the woman he loves, the daughter of the proud and powerful Don Pedro Sandoval, has given birth to a son but has fallen gravely ill. Rosa, Don Pedro’s daughter, and Warner had defied the powerful Don in their union and had not been permitted to marry. Warner must reach Rosa to save her honor and more. In route Warner is captured as a deserter but escapes, taking with him two others. When they reach their destination they find the border town in the midst of a deadly cholera epidemic. Warner confronts Don Pedro Sandoval but finds that Rosa has died before he could arrive. Each man blames the other for her death. Despite his rage and out of respect for his daughter’s memory, Sandoval allows Warner to leave but banishes him along with the infant child.
The fear of cholera has spread and Warner can get no food or assistance for his newborn and it perishes to his great despair. Warner undergoes a dramatic transformation from a simple and hopeful man to one who is driven, and sometimes deranged, in his pursuit of revenge. With his fellow deserters as a core, he assembles a gang of cutthroats that raid and pillage throughout.
When Warner and Sandoval have their inevitable final confrontation they fall together into a pen holding a raging bull. Along with the bull, the fight becomes a three way confrontation that only two survive. The last act takes place with the surviving gang members at the center of a bull fighting corrida in perhaps the the ultimate expression of the Spaghetti western motif of the circular duel as final confrontation.
This pessimistic film in which mercy has no part stars George Hilton as John Warner. Hilton shrugs off any semblance of the humor and lightheartedness that characterize many of his other genre performances. Ernest Borgnine is the iron willed and proud Don Pedro Sandoval. Two fine genre actors provide strong performances as members of Warner’s gang, Alberto De Mendoza as “Lucky Boy” and Leo Anchoriz as a church cleric who has strayed mightily.
Containing a number of brutal scenes (including one in which a man is drowned in a bucket of milk) this film takes the revenge theme so common to Spaghettis to its fullest and darkest conclusion.

Good work, Romaine, but it’s maybe too long.

Ok, thanks Bill. How about this?

Confederate corporal John Warner deserts his army on the eve of a decisive battle . He has received word that the woman he loves, the daughter of the powerful Don Pedro Sandoval, has given birth to a son but has fallen gravely ill. Rosa, Sandoval’s daughter, and Warner had not been permitted to marry. Warner must reach Rosa to save her honor and more. In route Warner is captured as a deserter but escapes with two others. When they reach his hime they find the border town stricken with cholera. Warner confronts Sandoval but finds that Rosa has died before he could arrive. Each man blames the other for her death. Out of respect for his daughter’s memory Sandoval allows Warner to leave but banishes him along with the infant child.
The fear of cholera has spread and Warner can get no assistance for his newborn and it perishes. Warner undergoes a transformation from a simple and hopeful man to one who is driven, and sometimes deranged, in his pursuit of revenge. He assembles a gang of cutthroats that raid and pillage throughout.
When Warner and Sandoval have their inevitable final showdown they fall together into a pen holding a raging bull. Along with the bull, the fight becomes a three way confrontation that only two survive. The last act takes place with the surviving gang members at the center of a bull fighting corrida in perhaps the the ultimate expression of the Spaghetti western motif of the circular duel as final confrontation.
This pessimistic film stars George Hilton as John Warner. Ernest Borgnine is the iron willed and proud Don Pedro Sandoval. Two fine genre actors provide strong performances as members of Warner’s gang, Alberto De Mendoza as “Lucky Boy” and Leo Anchoriz as a church cleric who has strayed mightily.
Containing a number of brutal scenes (including one in which a man is drowned in a bucket of milk) this film takes the revenge theme so common to Spaghettis to its fullest and darkest conclusion.

I cut it further:

Confederate corporal John Warner deserts his army on the eve of a decisive battle . He has received word that his woman, the daughter of the powerful Don Pedro Sandoval, has given birth to a son but has fallen gravely ill. Sandoval had not allowed his daughter and Warner to marry. Warner must reach her to save her honor and more. Warner is captured as a deserter but escapes with two others. When they reach his home they find the border town stricken with cholera. Warner confronts Sandoval but finds that the woman has died before he could arrive. Each man blames the other for her death. Out of respect for his daughter’s memory Sandoval allows Warner to leave but banishes him along with the infant child.
The fear of cholera has spread and Warner can get no assistance for his newborn and it perishes. Warner undergoes a transformation from a simple and hopeful man to one who is driven, and sometimes deranged, in his pursuit of revenge. He assembles a gang of cutthroats that raid and pillage throughout.
As Warner and Sandoval have their final showdown they fall into a pen holding a raging bull. Along with the bull, the fight becomes a three way confrontation that only two survive. The last act takes place with the surviving gang members at the center of a bull fighting corrida in the ultimate expression of the Spaghetti western motif of the circular duel as final confrontation. This pessimistic film stars George Hilton as John Warner. Ernest Borgnine is the iron willed and proud Don Pedro Sandoval. Two fine genre actors give strong performances as members of Warner’s gang, Alberto De Mendoza as “Lucky Boy” and Leo Anchoriz as a church cleric who has strayed mightily.Containing a number of brutal scenes (including one in which a man is drowned in a bucket of milk) this film takes the revenge theme so common to Spaghettis to its fullest and darkest conclusions.

Final cut? Don’t know how to make it shorter than this:

Confederate corporal John Warner deserts his army on the eve of battle . He has received word that his woman, the daughter of the powerful Don Pedro Sandoval, has given birth to a son but has fallen gravely ill. Sandoval had not allowed his daughter and Warner to marry. Warner must reach her to save her honor and more. Warner is captured as a deserter but escapes with two others. When they reach his home they find the border town stricken with cholera. Warner confronts Sandoval but finds that the woman has died before he could arrive. Each man blames the other for her death. Out of respect for his daughter’s memory Sandoval allows Warner to leave but banishes him along with the infant. The fear of cholera has spread and Warner can get no assistance for his newborn and it perishes. Warner undergoes a transformation from a simple and hopeful man to one who is driven and deranged in his pursuit of revenge. He assembles a gang of cutthroats that raid and pillage throughout. As Warner and Sandoval have their final showdown they fall into a pen holding a raging bull. Along with the bull, the fight becomes a three way confrontation that only two survive. The last act takes place with the surviving gang members at the center of a bull fighting corrida in the ultimate expression of the Spaghetti western motif of the circular duel as final confrontation. Containing a number of brutal scenes (including one in which a man is drowned in a bucket of milk) this film takes the revenge theme so common to Spaghettis to its fullest and darkest conclusions.