Navajo Joe (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)

Yeah, we always knew there was something wrong with your brain Stanton :smiley:

Anyway, the scenes at night when Joe steals back the locomotive are not so exciting, but the other scenes where he fights Duncanā€™s men are great with cool camera angles and action

The music is a classic, and the yelling is mostly in the main theme, there are many other parts of the score that are more delicate.

My brain is fine

Like I said, itā€™s a stricktly personal opinion, and Iā€™m not an expert on soundtracks (or music in general)

Thatā€™s another way of saying it. I think these scenes (and those involving his liberation by the banjo player and his girls) arenā€™t up to the scratch.

I understand why critics and moviegoers werenā€™t very fond of the movie when it was first released; I didnā€™t like it either when I first saw it, in the 70s, during a late night showing in Eindhoven. I still remember I thought it was a ā€˜fake Indian westernā€™, with Indians that liooked as realistic as Coca Colaā€™s Santa Claus. Today this doesnā€™t bother me any more, I donā€™t know why. I guess that, back then, when people said that a movie wasnā€™t ā€˜authenticā€™ they also meant to say (probably without realizing it) that it didnā€™t look like an American western. That might have been my idea too: this was an indian western that didnā€™t look like the Indian western I knew

Goinā€™ on about 4 years for me.

When I first viewed many years agoā€¦this is the main thing I liked.

I love this movie, donā€™t know why iā€™ve overlooked it for so long. First time I saw it i was annoyed that the Japanese audio was so much better than the english, stupidly switching between the tracks while it was running ruined it for me.

Getting over Burtā€™s hair or even the fact that he was slightly Native American was the hardest thing to get over. Itā€™s the main reason why I waited so long to see it. Itā€™s a good sw but the score moves it up a few rungs on the ladder for me. The excessive screaming gets on my nerves in a few parts but overall the score in intense. I love the story of Sergio Corbucci stranding Burt in no manā€™s land to find his way back. Maybe it was payback for signing on thinking he was working with the other Sergio.

Iā€™ll change the text about the Leone score a little; I rewatched (or better: relistened) parts of the movie last night, and I admit that some parts of the score (often variations on the main theme) are intense. Itā€™s this excessive yelling that was irritating me. I didnā€™t even like the yelling in the GBU score (which is, of course, otherwise pure magic), but here itā€™s far worse.

Maybe Lindberg has an idea for an improved text on the score (?)

At least many seem to like the score even if itā€™s ā€˜kitschyā€™ to you Scherp :wink:

Just write that you personally are not so fond of it

[quote=ā€œLindberg, post:109, topic:74ā€]At least many seem to like the score even if itā€™s ā€˜kitschyā€™ to you Scherp :wink:

Just write that you personally are not so fond of it[/quote]

Are you sure you donā€™t want to do it ā€¦? You wonā€™t get another opportunity ā€¦ :wink:

na-va-jo joe na-vaā€¦ AARGH! Somebody help get this theme song out of my head!

Will beer(s) do the trick or make things worse ?

Iā€™ve already had 2 so -na-va-jo-NO! :slight_smile:

Well my friend it looks like you are Shit out of luck :slight_smile: .

As you might know Iā€™m a huge fan of Corbucci but I havenā€™t seen this movie! So, what version do you think I should buy, guys?

[quote=ā€œSilence, post:115, topic:74ā€]As you might know Iā€™m a huge fan of Corbucci but I havenā€™t seen this movie! So, what version do you think I should buy, guys?[/quote]forthcoming Koch Media release will probably be the best one.

Thanks.

Be on the lookout for one of the worst horse falls in any sw.

I wll be on the lookout for sure.

When exactly can we see this fall?