Navajo Joe (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)

Heck I like a lot of SWā€™s NJ for me is just not one of them.

i havent seen it (yet) and from the trailer the only thing i dont like is burt reynolds, he just doesnt look like a navajo :slight_smile:

Lol, he has some sort of wierd low cut vest on like he escaped from a leather mariachi band

Navajo joe is one of the best SW. and the music is fantastic. I have an old video, but iā€™m still waiting for a dvd release.

I watched it recently. Unfortunately it was cut quite harsh, especially in some violent scenes. But i still enjoyed it. But I think Corbucci did a far better job in his revolution type films than here. I think the story is a bit too flat, and so are the characters.

true. Corbuccis best film are IL GRANDE SILENZIO and VAMOS A MATAR COMPANEROS, but Navajo Joe is one of this little SWs i like.
unfortunately i havenā€™t seen MERCENARIO.

oh boyā€¦ itā€™s ā€¦ I would say even better than Companeros.
I love Il Mercenario, foremost because of the music, which makes my skin-hairs stand up

i have the soundtrack and I love too. But see Iā€™m 16 years old. I only know ca 30 SWs. cause Iā€™m born in a generation without SWs.
Can you give me a link to a japanese dvd shop. I want to buy MERCENARIO.
i know where to get the italian dvd, butā€™s italian only. I speak italian but itā€™s difficult to understand in the pictures.

I think itā€™s already out of print even in Japan, I am not sure. you can get it at Exploitedcinema for about 50 dollars

Yep, the japanese dvd is OOP. At least thatā€™s what cdjapan says: CDJapan : NAVAJO JOE Movie DVD

Mercenary disc has been OOP for months already and unfortunately hasnā€™t even been on sale in ebay (well actually it was once but the seller didnā€™t accept my payment options :ā€™( ). And now it seems the other two discs, Navajo Joe and The Hills Run Red, from the same release (as they were also released in a box Legend of the Gunmen which had only 2000 copies made) have gone OOP as wellā€¦

Iā€™m really pissed off about the Mercenary disc and my stupidity because when all three discs were available from xploitedcinema early this year, I decided to buy the other two first and not Mercenaryā€¦ and of course very shortly after the Mercenary went OOP and the other two discs lasted this long. >:(

Anyways, it seems Navajo Joe isnā€™t on sale in xploitedcinema anymore (I guess they sold all they had). Hills Run Red seems to be still in stock but probably not for long and like I said, it seems to have finally gone OOP as well (according to cdjapan).

but you can buy a video from navajo joe at amazon.com. and i even found mercenario there. itā€™s called A professional gun.

The Mercenary aka A Proffessional Gun disc is cut and terrible quality. The only decent copy I know of out there is the Japanese DVD, but be prepared to pay Japanese prices for it!

second half of a film was a little better, but i liked it all
good spaghetti with very good music

I wrote in a another thread: I found it not bad, but the role of Navajo Joe woulf have worked better with another guy than Burt Reynoldsā€¦

i didnā€™t like him at the beginning, he didnā€™t look too good for me in that role, but few minutes later i was thinking something like "well heā€™s not so bad"
and another few minutes later i even liked him

Navajo Joe is one of my favourite spaghettis, if thereā€™s any historical inaccuracies in it, I can live with that :slight_smile:
Besides, thatā€™s not really the point when it comes to spaghettis, they are first and foremost existensialist western-operas, in some ways realistic but mostly very stylized.

ā€œNavajo Joeā€ needs a proper DVD release than the straight-from-the-VHS one Iā€™m stuck with.

yeah. so does il mercenario. those are two i am so much looking forward to

There are many westerns that need DVD releases. We talked about about it somewhere else: Massacre Time. And we need re-releases of the OOP ones.