My Name Is Pecos / Due once di piombo (Maurizio Lucidi, 1966)

Quite similar

Yes, I see your point.

Average movie but enjoyable to watch. Interesting to see a mexican pistolero instead a gringo in the main role.
I didn’t watch the sequel yet, but according with my father wisdom its crap!

I think this is a good Spaghetti revenger. Nothing is outstanding in it, but all is done very competently. Good handcraft so to say. Also a good role for Robert Woods.

Lucidi’s best western. 6/10

The Thai release arrived today, i put it on to check and can confirm that it has English language, the disc is widescreen but the print leaves a lot to be desired although it is watchable.

Can you post some screenshots?

A buddy of mine just emailed me to tell me he ordered a copy of the Thai DVD of this film for me!
It should be here in just a few days.

I have a fairly decent widescreen DVD-R of this movie which I have been happy with. I wonder if they Thai DVD is any better, picture-wise?

As for the movie itself…
I have to admit that it is a solid favorite of mine. I know it isn’t anything spectacular, but it is one of those films I can watch again and again and enjoy each and every time.

[quote=“p.pereira, post:26, topic:1832”]Can you post some screenshots?[/quote]I don’t know how to do them, maybe Chris can oblige when his one arrives :wink:

I received the Triple X DVD of MY NAME IS PECOS, today.
I am VERY sad to report that my old DVD-R of a VHS rip actually looks better than this release!
Seriously, this has to be the worst “official” DVD release, from a visual standpoint, that I have ever owned.
Like Yodlaf said previously, it is “watchable”, but just barely.
I will try to post some screencaps in the next day or so.
But, take my word for it…the print/transfer on this disc is incredibly bad.
:frowning:

I saw this once, on a laptop.
I didn’t think much of it.
Pretty standard fare.
Perhaps I have to watch it again?

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:29, topic:1832”]I received the Triple X DVD of MY NAME IS PECOS, today.
I am VERY sad to report that my old DVD-R of a VHS rip actually looks better than this release!
Seriously, this has to be the worst “official” DVD release, from a visual standpoint, that I have ever owned.
Like Yodlaf said previously, it is “watchable”, but just barely.
I will try to post some screencaps in the next day or so.
But, take my word for it…the print/transfer on this disc is incredibly bad.
:([/quote]
It can’t possibly be worse than mine.

Here are some screenshots from the Thai Triple X release for this film.

Funny thing is it looks better on my PC than it does on my TV screen. But, it is still pretty bad.
These captures are actually some of the clearest images from the disc.

And just for fun, here is one from my old DVD-R of a VHS rip.
This looks much, much better than the Thai release when viewed on my TV screen. But, it is only slightly better on my PC screen.

It is better than mine ;).

Which? The Thai DVD or my DVD-R?

Your Thai DVD… mine has bad quality, Greek subs and is, worst of all, CUT and it’s not exactly well done.

I haven’t watched the entire Thai DVD, yet; but, I have already noticed several very small cuts in the Thai disc compared to the DVD-R.
So, I don’t think the Thai version is entirely uncut.
Also, I noticed that they have slightly speeded up the film (which is often done with Asian releases of non-Asian films) to where the actor’s voices are a bit higher pitched than they should be. And the music is a key or two higher, also.

Not trying to keep you from getting the Thai DVD, Silecne; but, I just wanted to let you know some more about it.

I feel like i wasted money on the Thai one now :’(

Isn´t there a Brazilian dvd of this film?

I believe so, but I was told that it is not widescreen.
I have never been able to confirm this information, though.

I have seen the Brazilian version of the sequel, Pecos Cleans up. It was quite alright, the colors where a little gray but other than that it’s quite ok. The bad thing was the aspect ratio.