Morgan Kane: Døden er en ensom jeger - 2001 (Norway)

Anyone seen this pretty recent Norwegian western? shot on video i believe, and probably not all that exciting…
If anyone have the Norwegian vhs i´d be happy to buy it though or if possible have dvdr of it. Would be fun to watch.

Here´s the database entry: [url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Morgan_Kane:_Døden_er_en_ensom_jeger[/url]

The title reminds me of The Heart is a lonely Hunter, a novel by the great Carson McCullors

Does this title mean Dead is a lonely Hunter ?

Anyway, I like such titles.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:3, topic:1873”]The title reminds me of The Heart is a lonely Hunter, a novel by the great Carson McCullors

Does this title mean Dead is a lonely Hunter ?[/quote]
It does.

Yes, that would be the translation! I suppose the title might very well be better than the actual film. Morgan Kane was a hero of pulpwesterns written by Louis Masterson (who actually was namned Kjell Hallbing and was norwegian!).

Death is a lonely Hunter would be more correct than Dead is a lonely Hunter

Thinking about it afterwards, that was my conclusion too, still I don’t get the meaning exactly

you´re right of course, didn´t read properly. well i suppose the meaning of the film itself is even harder to figure out!
Nobody that´s seen it?? I´ll try and track it down somehow then and let you know what it´s like.

Just watched this short (it’s 34 minutes) video film. Director Iversen plays the part of Morgan Kane himself but he’s too old and too fatty for the role.
Set in small town during winter with few references to the Great Silence, especially the first scene which is similar to TGS.

It’s a nice homage short film but nothing else. I’d really love to see a proper western film based on Morgan Kane books.

And now it seems they’re working on it :smiley:
http://morgankane.wrfilms.com/

It is on youtube in 6 parts if anyone fells like suffering through it. It is in “English”, but it might be hard to follow since they speak it rather poorly.