More Dollars for the McGregors / La muerte busca un hombre (José Luis Merino, 1970)

[quote=“I love you M.E. Kay, post:20, topic:2266”]

Kowalski and Paco?[/quote]Funny, haven’t noticed that before.

Oh, and anybody knows what Quiney's character was holding in the end? I couldn't make that out.
Not sure but I thought it was a stick of wood or something like that.

Looks like a 2,35:1 version you got there M.E. Kay. Picture quality looks also better than my VHS version.

What’s the runtime?

Where did you get it from?

it looks really interesting, blue sand and dimly light poker scene, well thats like something from Colizzi

With Forsythe having flashbacks of his wife, I was expecting he would not to defend himself in the duel, but they could have made it clearer what he grabbed. At first I thought it was a knife, but looking at it again, it does indeed looks like a stick of wood.

[quote=“Stanton, post:22, topic:2266”]Looks like a 2,35:1 version you got there M.E. Kay. Picture quality looks also better than my VHS version.

What’s the runtime?

Where did you get it from?[/quote]

Running time is 1 hour 33 minutes and 16 seconds according to my VLC player, which would mean the source is the Spanish DVD. The database says it’s a 99 minutes movie, but aside from a few missing frames (and maybe a moment or two) it didn’t feel like anything else was missing. I got my copy on CG, it was a dual audio DVD rip, a few seconds throughout the English track were in Spanish. I’d love to get the Spanish DVD, but I can’t find it on the web.

Do give it a try if you can, one of my favorite surprise of recent viewings. And I guess I should check out Colizzi!

My VHS copy is about 2 min longer.

Does the scene where Forsythe settles down on the inn keeper’s bed awkwardly cuts to Ross and his men? That’s the only part I thought felt really off.

Have four versions of this for some reason, but the longest running time is the widescreen vhs which is 2 mins longer like Stanton says.

I don’t remember.
But in the most cases the cuts are done so that you don’t note missing scenes anyway.

It is often the other way round. Many films improve very much if you watch them in their uncut versions. (Well, not all of course)

i got Seven guns for McGregors, thinking to start with first movie, and now i just read this movie has nothing to do with McGregors
well, how delightful, at least i´m going to watch some spagh :stuck_out_tongue:

here’s my new review on this Merino’s western:

[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/More_Dollars_for_the_McGregors_Review[/url]

Nice review, tomas. :slight_smile:

Sounds like my cup of tea, must give it a watch some day.

I haven’t seen it, might going to watch it this weekend.

[quote=“Mickey13, post:31, topic:2266”]Nice review, tomas. :slight_smile:

Sounds like my cup of tea, must give it a watch some day.[/quote]

thanks, Mickey :slight_smile: - it’s a good paella and certainly falls into “little gem” category

i hope your reaction to my review then won’t be something like “tomas, are you batshit crazy, this film is completely different than you’ve written in the review”
anyway, thanks for the help, scherp :wink:

Yes worth a view this one.

;D

I like your review since I know what I’m actually dealing with. And it doesn’t sound too bad.

Yeah, it’s one of PLL better efforts, he looks more mature in this one, ok for a watch but it’s no gem in my view.

I’ve watched it.

i hope your reaction to my review then won't be something like "tomas, are you batshit crazy, this film is completely different than you've written in the review"

No, I agree with most of what you’ve said. The only thing is you seem to like it more than I do. It’s one of PLL’s better performances, and this Spanish actor playing the first bounty hunter is a better lead than Lang Jeffries in Requiem for a Gringo (btw: he looks a little like Jeffries, now what could that mean?), but I found the movie rather disjointed. It’s the story about two bounty hunters working together (in the style of For a Few Dollars More), but it’s also a revenge story and a would-be romantic drama, and then there’s a pot-smoking madman, and also Indians who look more like hippies (and probably were).

I don’t know what to think of this movie, but it won’t ever be one of my favorites.

Found it hard to take alot of the Indian scenes seriously in this one.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:38, topic:2266”]I’ve watched it.

No, I agree with most of what you’ve said. The only thing is you seem to like it more than I do. It’s one of PLL’s better performances, and this Spanish actor playing the first bounty hunter is a better lead than Lang Jeffries in Requiem for a Gringo (btw: he looks a little like Jeffries, now what could that mean?), but I found the movie rather disjointed. It’s the story about two bounty hunters working together (in the style of For a Few Dollars More), but it’s also a revenge story and a would-be romantic drama, and then there’s a pot-smoking madman, and also Indians who look more like hippies (and probably were).

I don’t know what to think of this movie, but it won’t ever be one of my favorites.[/quote]

well, disjointed - this never occured to me, actually, i quite like the screenplay and this revenge motive i like more than in FAFDM - and Volonte here sometimes also behaves like he was on something stronger than tobacco

and to complain about indians in SWs, well … i never complain about indians in SWs, because it is better for my health, i only complain about shaved PLL, horses still standing after gatling shooting mayhem and Sabata