Monnezza amore mio (Tomas Milian, Manlio Gomarasca)

As a Tomas Milian fanatic I was really miffed that he published his autobiography in Italian and I’d probably never get to read it! So, recently I downloaded it to my iPad and have been using Google Play’s translation on each page to read it. Not a great literary experience but I’m at least getting the gist of his life story.

There isn’t really anything new on his westerns. No new stories.

He was certainly a troubled but talented guy with an interesting life. Some aspects of his life I was surprised at. He was pretty open about his bisexuality, which others have hinted at but Umberto Lenzi said he didn’t seem interested in sex at all… He also had a lot of drink and drug use in the '70s, which I wasn’t surprised at. I’m only as far as about 1992, so, it will be interesting to see how it unfolds…

Did you finish it yet?

Yeah, no big revelations. I would have liked if it was a bit more in-depth, detailed.

He’s had an interesting life but does come off as a somewhat self-involved movie star type, but I think he admits that to an extent.

Great actor, he was.
We really need a survival Italian Phrasebook and guide for Italian western fanatics.

I wasn’t aware this had been released until now. Thank you for posting!

There are some pictures of the book announcement here:

I wonder if it will be translated into any other languages?

[quote=“Novecento, post:5, topic:3517”]I wasn’t aware this had been released until now. Thank you for posting!

There are some pictures of the book announcement here:

I wonder if it will be translated into any other languages?[/quote]They could at least have spelt his name right :smiley:

Ha - good point