Mario Bava

Just Checked out The New AB Disc Of KIDNAPPED/RABID DOGS,Unlike The Bava Box They Have Obviously Gotten A Hold Of A New Master.
The Transfer Looks Just Incredible.This Is A Major Upgrade From The Old IMAGE & Any Bootlegs I Have Ever Seen Of The Film.Fans Of Bava &
Euro-Crime In General Should Consider This The Definative Version Of This Brutal Masterpiece!

[quote=“slaughterlord, post:21, topic:569”]Just Checked out The New AB Disc Of KIDNAPPED/RABID DOGS,Unlike The Bava Box They Have Obviously Gotten A Hold Of A New Master.
The Transfer Looks Just Incredible.This Is A Major Upgrade From The Old IMAGE & Any Bootlegs I Have Ever Seen Of The Film.Fans Of Bava &
Euro-Crime In General Should Consider This The Definative Version Of This Brutal Masterpiece![/quote]
How different is the edit of the film, i also believe that there is a different music score.

I’ve seen Bay of blood,blood baron, and black sunday. I liked bay of blood even though i dont remember much of if and i liked black sunday but really hated blood baron. I really need to see more of his work.

Yodlaf:The Only Difference In RABID DOGS Is In The Beginning.Instead Of The Woman Crying During The Opening Credits,
They Have Colorized Some Scenes To Give A 70’s Style Feel To It. As Far As KIDNAPPED I Have No Desire To See How Alfred
Leone And Lamberto Bava Butchered This Great Film.

no mention of danger:diabolik? i just watched this film this week ,very nice .has interviews with stephen bissette comic artist,one of the beastie boys and morricone.

Blood and black lace is a brillant movie, one of the best giallos ever

I’d like to point everybody’s attention to

www.grindhousedatabase.com

our new sister site

I bought both the boxes from AB. And I also bought the brilliant book from Tim Lucas

Blood and Black Lace 1964
Danger Diabolik 1968

I agree are absolutely outstanding, cult and pure gold. :smiley:

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:29, topic:569”]Danger Diabolik 1968[/quote]I just watched this film yesterday for the first time. What a great fun! Awesome psychedelic 60’s look and entertaining action with good cast. I don’t usually like John Philip Law’s wooden presence but here as a Diabolik he was just perfect. Soundtrack by Morricone is just awesome.

I have seen JOHN PHILIP LAW in many excellent CULT Westerns/Giallos/SciFi/Adventure
like :

BARBARELLA 1968 DEATH RIDES A HORSE 1968

And found JOHN PHILIP LAW extremely animated, communicative and nowhere near
as stiff/wooden/arboreal/dull as your DeNiros, Pacinos, Streeps, Wooden Allens etc :smiley:
But whatever we certainly agree that DANGER DIABOLIK was a 1960s Cult classic. :smiley:

Bought me and watched an uncut version of Lisa and the Devil.

Obviously an ambitious horror film, at least in parts, with some trashy effects here and there.

Compared to modern horror films the whole film looks a bit dated. So I watched it without getting much excited.

Stanton;I wasn’t too excited either after my first viewing,but I must say that this one has grown on me over time.

Yes, maybe. It was interesting.

LISA AND THE DEVIL 1972 Telly Savalas Elke Sommer

Compared to today’s modern RECENT / POOR / DATED 1984 to 2008 “Horror Films” :’( ???
this LISA AND THE DEVIL 1972 is beautiful, atmospheric, frightening & well characterised.
This carefully crafted Horror/Thriller from the master BAVA promises much , delivers all
the shocks, thrills. Mario Bava imparts a delightful refreshing visual style in all his films.
Telly Savalas (Kojak) is equally apt/able to play villains as he does heroes, Sommer is fab.

My Vote for LISA AND THE DEVIL 1972 is 15.2 out of 20 :slight_smile:

Just reveived ‘Knives of the avenger’ and bought ‘Shock’ at a store. Especially looking forward to the first one, a viking spaghetti.

I have Both DVDS on my shelf and can recommend them 100%.
Mario Bava Films are always for me a special experience in superior film-making :smiley:
His son Lamberto Bava was also good but never as great as Mario Bava.

Knives of the avenger is really nice. Without doubt the best Cameron Mitchell performance in an Italian movie I’ve seen. Closer to the peplum genre than the western I think though, but the story itself is pure spaghetti :slight_smile:

I’ll have a look tonight.

CAMERON MITCHELL Excellent In BAVA FILMS Like 6 DONNE PER L’ASSASSINO 64

CAMERON MITCHELL was a Prolific Quality Actor in 100+ Great Films Westerns, Thrillers

THE HIGH CHAPPARAL 1967-1971 Leif Erickson Linda Cristal Cameron Mitchell

Cameron Mitchell also memorable in Italy/Europe in epic sword & sandal, SWs, Horror :slight_smile:
A TRIBUTE to this magnificent Actor Cameron Mitchell soon.