Man in the Wilderness (Richard C. Sarafian, 1971)

I like this very strange movie about a scout group briging there boat across the west in early conquest.Richard Harris is incredidle,and there is John Huston as support cast.

Database page: Man in the Wilderness - The Spaghetti Western Database

This is a very tough little film and I really like it, and I am always surprised by its low certificate here in the U.K.

And we have a young Dennis Waterman in the cast as I remember.

Hello
I came across with this dvd, havenā€™t buy yet. But Iā€™m curious, is it more US than SW western type? What about the locations? Snow?
kind regards ;D

[quote=ā€œRaph_Alv, post:3, topic:503ā€]Hello
I came across with this dvd, havenā€™t buy yet. But Iā€™m curious, is it more US than SW western type? What about the locations? Snow?
kind regards ;D
[/quote]

Yes, plenty of snow and extreme conditions in this film.

Iā€™ve been a big fan of this movie since I first saw it on tv in the early 90ā€™s. If you like ā€˜wilderness survivalā€™ type movies, this one is excellent! It hasnā€™t been released on dvd in the U.S. so fullscreen is the only way weā€™ve been able to watch it. Iā€™ve been curious for a long time if there is a widescreen version in English in other countries?

Bet you guys didnā€™t know it was filmed in Spain!

Bruckner has it in his Euro westerns section

WB released MAN IN THE WILDERNESS doubled with THE DEADLY TRACKERS not to long ago here in the states. Both in widescreen and you should be able to find it for under $10.

This is one of my favorites, a good revenge film and a woody mountain man theme. I first read the story of Hugh Glass as a child and the film is a nice telling of it.

I just finished watching this on DVD. It had been a while since I watched my old VHS tape but I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time. An excellent western adventure!

The filmā€™s page in our database has been updated to the new layout. Contributions are welcome.