Lyrics to the Song "Gold" by Francesco De Masi (Needs filling in!)

EDIT: My sincerest apologies to the moderators, but I’m afraid it would be in your best interest to move this thread into the music section in the Town Hall. Really sorry, I was just excited to publish it and didn’t really look around.

Alright, so this is one of my favorite songs of all time. However, I don’t know all of the words, since its hard to understand what he’s saying (due to the fact that the singer has a pretty thick Italian accent, which I am not at all knocking). Here are the lyrics I’ve gathered so far, and I’ll post the edits as my lyrics are corrected:

Gold
By Francesco De Masi

There is gold
Hidden gold
All men desire
But few men ever find
There is gold
That can never be stolen
The gold that glitters
In the sunshine
?
Solid gold
?
So very hard to find
Which is gold
Burried deep in the heart
Of a river
That goes (?) over land
It goes (?), in the winter
It shall ??
It shines
In the light (?) of this ??
The gold of happiness
That few understand
There is gold
Hidden gold
Some tried to steal
But no one ever can
For its gold
That can never be stolen
The treasure
In the heart
Of a man (edited from “Over man”)

As you probably noticed, there are an abundance of question marks. These denote spots where I can’t understand what he’s saying. Also, my lyrics might be and probably are wrong. That’s where I need your help, fellow comrades! Together, we can solve the mystery, as to what this man is singing! Thank you all in advance.

The song can be found here: - YouTube

Not sure about the gaps yet. I’ll listen to it a few times more. Raul (the singer) is often difficult to decipher. Great voice though.

One thing though, I think the final repeated line is “Of a man” rather than “Over man.” At least that would seem to make more sense.

Edit: Oh, and probably the better place for this thread would be the Music and Soundtrack one in the Town Hall section. Not sure how to move it there though. :-[

I know he also sings an Italian version of the song called Come Mai, and that he sings a song called “Stranger”. But other than that, what else has he recorded, and where can I find it!? I want it all!!!

And yes, his voice is PHENOMENAL. Like, he could do opera if he hasn’t already

Bit of a fan myself…though as with Maurizio Graf it seems very hard to find anything out about these singers. All i know about Raoul is that he sang with I Cantori Moderni and his real name was Ettore Lovecchio. He sang Seven Men from Seven Winchesters for a Massacre (Payment in Blood) and i have quite a few other songs, a couple of them from compilations. Annoyingly “Won’t You Be Mine” from 15 Scaffolds for a Killer, isn’t included on that films soundtrack disc…only the instrumental version >:(

[quote=“RAvery1988, post:3, topic:2548”]I know he also sings an Italian version of the song called Come Mai, and that he sings a song called “Stranger”. But other than that, what else has he recorded, and where can I find it!? I want it all!!!

And yes, his voice is PHENOMENAL. Like, he could do opera if he hasn’t already[/quote]

Well, for a start there’s this one:

Possibly my favourite of his as well as of De Masi in general. The clip includes both instrumental and vocal version so if you just want to hear Raul skip forward to about the 2.25 min mark.

Another facvourite of mine is this one from Arizona Colt:

Enjoy!

Edit: Woops. Seems like Silver beat me to the punch re Seven Winchesters.