Lostspaghettiwesterns.com

Yes, it is way over due!

Hmm…This is a sticky one with me. On the one hand i wholeheartedly agree. If people aren’t buying the official releases then less and less films may actually be released. However, there are an awful lot of films that are unlikely to get a nice restoration and release. I do have one Franco Cleef reconstruction (“If you want to live…shoot!”), and that’s only because the “proper” dvd i have has no English soundtrack or subs, whereas his did. If i have bought a bootleg version of a film and and it is later released officially, then i will buy it anyway. But there are a hell of a lot of films (particularly SW’s) that i want to see, and sometimes, the only way to do that is via dvd-r’s or videos from private sellers.

the two new european ones (paramount in germany, studio canal in france) are basically uncut. as far as i know, there’s only a few frames missing at the end… but mostly those people have to rely on the material that they get from the original companies who own the master tapes…

Do you know if SONNY AND JED was ever issued on Japanese Laser Disc by any chance?

Yes it was, as part of the Macaroni westerns set

i have
DJANGO KILL (missing the graphic stuff unfortunately)
THE GREAT SILENCE

there was also
SONNY & JED
MY NAME IS NOBODY
COMPANEROS (ITALIAN LANGUAGE LONG VERSION)

if don’t know if there were any more, i just know of these so if anybody knows there were others in the collection please let us know :slight_smile:

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:25, topic:218”]Yes it was, as part of the Macaroni westerns set

i have
DJANGO KILL (missing the graphic stuff unfortunately)
THE GREAT SILENCE

there was also
SONNY & JED
MY NAME IS NOBODY
COMPANEROS (ITALIAN LANGUAGE LONG VERSION)

if don’t know if there were any more, i just know of these so if anybody knows there were others in the collection please let us know :)[/quote]

Interesting, thanks for that.

Must be nice to have those discs, and therefore I take it you still have a laser disc player?

I wonder if the SONNY AND JED laser disc is longer than the GO pre-cert tape?

I always remember someone saying the greek VHS to SONNY AND JED was longer than the U.K pre-cert, but how true this is I do not know.

ive had one since i was 17 (mainly to get uncut foreign imports, the bbfc at the time was terrible, cutting the fuck out of everything!), im 33 now.

i especially love Japanese releases, i recently got MASSACRE TIME and LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE (not come yet but i’m looking forward to recieving them)

i was always under the impression the old BANDITS go tape was the full version, i had a dutch tape before i got that and it looks the same to me, although i haven’t scrutinized checking each scene or nothing like that.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:27, topic:218”]ive had one since i was 17 (mainly to get uncut foregn imports, the bbfc at the time was terrible, cutting the fuck out of everything!), im 33 now.

i especially love Japanese releases, i recently got MASSACRE TIME and LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE (not come yet but i’m looking forward to recieving them)[/quote]

The Japanese dvd to MASSACRE TIME is superb, and is far the best quality version of this film I have seen so far, you will enjoy!

Cheers.

Do you know when you get that feeling when watching a film it is cut or messed about with?, I always get a bit of this when watching this film.

It may be just the style of the editing who knows?

A mate of mine picked up a RCA SelectaVision VideoDisc System at a boot a while back. Has anyone else seen this antiquated piece of equipment, it plays 12" video discs not with a laser but WITH A NEEDLE. He says its similar quality to video but sometimes the picture skips when the needle jumps. You see the discs (housed in plastic 12" cases) at boots a lot, don’t think there are any Spaghettis though. The system never really took off due to the preference of video cassette players, there’s even a website about it all http://cedmagic.com/

i personally dont like CED discs but i think laserdiscs are great!

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:32, topic:218”]i personally dont like CED discs but i think laserdiscs are great![/quote]I never knew about CEDs until recently, poor quality really but an unusual system. I do remember Laserdisc and wanted one myself at the time, they were pretty hard to get hold of even back in the day.

i love my laserdiscs and have some spaghettis too, even though some of them are fullscreen i wouldnt get rid of them, ive always loved the format.

my two favourite laserdiscs i have are “Massacre Time” and “The great silence”