Long Cavalcade of Vengeance / La lunga cavalcata della vendetta (Tanio Boccia, 1972)

Don’t be sorry, I’ve seen much worse, and at this point I expect the ones I haven’t seen to be bad. You gave it a fine review, though.

Its just Harrison at this point in his career I don’t think is very good, with his long hair and bald patch and moustache, and he’s always trying to act goofy - 70’s films like Acquasanta Joe and Two Brothers in Trinity, and this one. I much prefer him in his earlier films. I also thought it was ripping off Vengeance in a big way.

1 Like

This film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Contributions welcome.

Credits page has been created for La Lunga cavalcata della vendetta (Long Cavalcade of Vengeance)

3 Likes

This is basically a trash remake of Harrisons ā€œVengeanceā€. The same exact scenes or ideas but cheaply directed and with many fake cactuses. It feels almost like a Vengeance spoof at times which was actually at least charming.

There are few good jokes though and the movie works the best in these moments when it does not take itself seriously at all. ā€œThis fella is in a love with a mule. He is crazyā€ - ā€œYou ain"t seen my wifeā€. :joy:

2 Likes

It really is. Richard Harrison said the director had no idea, so he made the same film again just for the laughs and after he had told the director, they tried re-editing it. It feels like a student film in comparison. Some of the dialogue is almost identical

1 Like

There are no voting/rating buttons for this one. I would give it 4/10 or 2/5.

One of the weaker spags I’ve seen to date. Poorer version of Vengeance. It looks like it was made on a cheap budget despite fielding Anita Ekberg (who must have been a significant star in Italy at the time). I didn’t think that shifting one of the key end scenes to the beginning helped the films coherence either.

It’s a shame, after watching Boccia’s Kill the Wicked, I had high hopes for this one.

Nothing to hope for the other 3 Boccia Spags …

Fourth Harrison flick I’ve seen and he’s looked vastly different in each!

3.5/10. Quite poorly made and the dialogue was below par I thought. So not quite up my street. Story was simple, some stretched out and slow scenes with some illogical moments as noted by other users. The flashback aspect could have been executed better.

Wouldn’t be in a rush to rewatch this one but if forced, I wouldn’t cry about it.

Watch it back to back with Vengeance. Harrison admitted that he made the film aware that it was a remake and it was only later when the director realised that he introduced the flashbacks in order to make it feel a bit different.