Lobby card storage?

I’ve gotten hold of a bunch of German spaghetti western lobby cards (24 x 30 cm) but how do you store such things.

Would like to store them in plastic bags which could be inserted in a folder or something, making them easy to flip through but can such things be bought? If so where?

It would be a bit easier if they were standard A4-size but unfortunately they are a bit larger.

Would like to hear from fellow collectors who have solved the problem, or just people who can help me :slight_smile:

[quote=“Søren, post:1, topic:966”]I’ve gotten hold of a bunch of German spaghetti western lobby cards (24 x 30 cm) but how do you store such things.

Would like to hear from fellow collectors who have solved the problem, or just people who can help me :)[/quote]
You obviously can’t be trusted on this matter so I suggest you send them to me for safe-keeping :D.

Seriously tho’ … I’ve just measured mine (oo-er) and they are all slightly different sizes - but mostly smaller than yours amigo.
A ‘Blindman’ set (English) and a lone ‘Town called Bastard’ card measure about 20.5 x 25.5
And a ‘And God Said To Cain’ (English) set … a bit different at 21 x 25
And then there’s a ‘My Name is Pecos’ mini-poster I suppose, but was described as a lobby card - a whoppin’ 31 x 41 …
and then theres those lobby booklets or single page info sheets - I’ve got some of those of various (around the A4 tho’) sizes.

Get yourself to one of those art-shops and get a nice black leather(ette) art folder with detachable A3 clear plastic wallets and black paper inserts and get 'em stuck in with postage stamp/photo corners so they do no damage.
CUSTOM design and execute a suitably gaudy rhinestone and studded design … including spaghetti western motifs - cacti/pistols/skulls/crosses/deranged priests/child-molesters/beaten women etc. on the front (a few leather(ette) tassles a la Harley Davidson panniers wouldn’t go amiss) and VOILA … impress your friends!
:wink: :wink: :wink:

An easy solution of course and I could just pop in anytime I wanted to take a look at them. What an offer. :slight_smile:

The ones I got are all 24 x 30 but sometime I will of course run into ones dimensioned differently.

An A3 folder would of course do it (and can very well end up being “the solution” but would be really nice if a ‘tighter fit’ folder existed. I had perhaps hoped that folders made for the purpose existed!?

Custom design is really not my thing, I’ll do more damage than good :slight_smile:

I’ll email you a piccy …

I was referring to something quite tasteful …
something along these lines but maybe more pistols and crosses … :wink: ;D

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Ah sure does look tasteful :stuck_out_tongue:

And would definitely look great. I simply don’t have the creative spark in me :frowning:

Found a dealer in lobby card-storage stuff though:

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=496

Now I only have to find an European dealer to avoid customs and heavy postage :frowning: