L'Arena it's from a S.Western?

HEY AMIGO!

I WANNA KNOW IF THE THEME L’ARENA FROM ENNIO MORRICONE IS FROM A S.WSTERN OR NOT.
PLEASE AMIGO, TELL ME THE NAME OF THAT MOVIE.
I HOPE THAT’S NOT ONLY FROM KILL BILL

[quote=“chaggy, post:1, topic:137”]HEY AMIGO!

I WANNA KNOW IF THE THEME L’ARENA FROM ENNIO MORRICONE IS FROM A S.WSTERN OR NOT.
PLEASE AMIGO, TELL ME THE NAME OF THAT MOVIE.
I HOPE THAT’S NOT ONLY FROM KILL BILL[/quote]

Hey Amigo, L’Arena is from the film Il Mercenario (The Mercenary) starring Franco Nero and Jack Palance. A great Spaghetti Western about a Polish Merenary helping out a Mexican Revolutionary for money. A full soundtrack is available. Try www.moviegrooves.com

and here’s the link to the database:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Mercenario%2C_Il

[quote=“Sebastian, post:3, topic:137”]and here’s the link to the database:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Mercenario%2C_Il[/quote]

Sorry Sebastian, I always forget to add a link. :-[

THANKS BUDDY ;D

SALUDOS Y ADIOS!

[quote=“chaggy, post:5, topic:137”]THANKS BUDDYÂ ;D

SALUDOS Y ADIOS![/quote]

No Problemo amigo, hasta luego. :wink:

I love this song, too. And I can’t get over the scene in “Kill Bill”, where the Bride works her way out of the coffin, with “Il Arena” blasting from the speakers in full orchestral brilliance. It’s one of the most memorable scenes in movie-history. And of course “Il Mercenario” is worth a recommendation.

awesome tune, yeah. gives me goose bumps

I love L’Arena in Il Mercenario, it’s a fantastic duel scene. Jack Palance plays a great Spaghetti baddie.

It’s also quite surreal - a clown, a mercenary and a killer in a bull ring!

One of the most brilliant scenes, not only in spaghettis. This is Corbucci at the peak of his skills. Likewise the whole of Il mercenario.

Morricone definately shone when he did western soundtracks for Leone and Corbucci, much better than most of his other spaghetti scores i’d say.
Apparently some of the scores in Corbucci’s films were originally intended for Leone but he turned them down, i don’t know if this is definately true or what films they are supposed to be but it has always intruiged me :slight_smile: