Ladies Who Like SW's

Tamsin Parker (mentioned earlier) in her own words on Asperger’s (or mild autism spectrum disorder, as I think it’s now termed) and identifying with Tuco.

1 Like

I have been a great fan of the genre for 30 years on and off now. I even occasionally like the odd Miles Deem ones! I have been a bit shy about joining in any discussions because it seems a bit male orientated - but thats probably my misconception. I have a house in Spain and have done the Tabernas sites. On my last trip we eventually found Sad Hill, in a roaring gale in the pouring rain. Very spooky to be there. So here I am if anyone wants a woman’s point of view.

8 Likes

Welcome, Belle … do you have any photos to share from ‘Sad Hill’ or other location visits ?

I do indeed.

Can I post images on this forum?

Yes, please do :smiley:

Here are a couple to be going on with then. One is my first view of Sad Hill from the hill above it, and the other is of course the grave of Arch Stanton. An unforgettable experience for a fan of the genre. Even my husband (not a big fan of the genre) said he felt goosebumps being there.

11 Likes

Fantastic! - I’ve yet to visit this site, but I’m a seasoned visitor to Almeria.

Good to see your photos.

Welcome to the Community Belle, and thank you for the contribution to this thread. Very cool that you have a home in Spain where some of these films were shot.

Great photos - I am jealous🤠

Nice to have you with us Belle.
A female voice is very welcome around here.

Welcome Belle I have just joined too. it’s nice to know Spag west appeals to both sexes.

Films like Rita of West, Viva Maria Garter Colt and Hannie Calder all have strong female protagonists. Spaghetti Western women are usually saintly figures or Whores with hearts of gold who actually drive the story. Marisol from Fistful of Dollars is a perfect example.

1 Like

Isn’t that whore with a heart of gold more like classic character from Hollywood westerns?

Seems kind of a catholic thing, this whore vs angel paradox. Preceding, of course, the medium film.

Not to me. All the old time heroines were Quakers (High Noon) and virginal (My Darling Clementine.)

Very. Leon’s attitude to women could be seen as a tad neanderthal but realistic in some ways. You can be pure if heart and not be pure of body.

WTF !!! … I’d leave this one alone before you dig a bigger hole for yourself! :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh I’m done!! What I should say is you don’t need Mccarthy era heroines anymore. :flushed:

A hearty, and warm SWDB welcome to you, Belle Star.
Lucky you, living in Spain, although it’s not been easy there recently, due to the Coronavirus. Hope you have been managing to stay safe, and well.
Hoping you have some great times ahead, on the site.

By the way, fantastic pics. of the ‘Sad Hill Cemetery’ site.

Hey belle,

did you visit the other SW locations near sad hill? betterville, san pedro monastery, Langstone bridge
It would be great to see any photos from here.