Kung Fu-films

Et voila

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/The_Invincible_review

1 Like

BluRay release calendar

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/BluRay_Release_Calendar

I’ve was hammering spags so hard in 2020 (I have seen around 200 titles so far) so I decided to take a bit of a break from them, and dig a bit deeper into other genres that I enjoy. Besides Eurocrime I’ve been going crazy about old school Kung Fu flicks, I had seen the Bruce Lee stuff and some Jimmy Wang stuff aswell but not much more. Just like with Spaghs, so many movies was made, so it’s a real djungel to get into, but I used the GCDB list (Master Killers and Dirty Basterds) which really got me started! After that I listened to the 2 hour Pure Cinema Podcast episode hosting Tarantino and Dan Halsted (It’s on Spotify or at New Beverly homepage) - that gave me another great handful of titles to check out!

Since I love lists, I decided to now make my own top 20 - and revive this thread for discussion :grinning:

1.Master of the Flying Guillotine
2.King Boxer
3.Fist of Fury
4.The Chinese Boxer
5.Beach of the War Gods
6.Eight Diagram Polefighter
7.Master Killer
8.Snake in a Monkey’s Shadow
9.The Hot, The Cool and the Vicious
10.The Invinsible Armour
11.The Leg Fighters
12.The One-Armed Boxer
13.Shaolin VS Lama
14.Five Element Ninja
15.The Five Deadly Venoms
16.Enter the Dragon
17.The Big Boss
18.Clan of the White Lotus
19.Exit the Tiger, Enter the Dragon
20.Street Fighter

1 Like

Back when sun Coast Video was Still Open
I used to buy every Shaw Bothers Movie With the Venoms or Gordon Liu
And Some Others
I still have them
Great movies

I have every movie on your list
With the exception of 2 or 3

2 Likes

New review of the amazing IRON MONKEY as presented on the excellent BluRay by Eureka

2 Likes

I’ve just seen this rather magnificent Bruce Lee BD boxset online, which is due to be released by ‘Arrow’ Video UK on 17th July this year…

3 Likes

Yes, it has been a hot topic in the chat. :laughing:

1 Like

problem with this box is that Enter the Dragon is not the UHD (warner will release that on their own) so one would have to dish out another 20 bucks or so to also upgrade that movie to 4K separately, it’s therefore not the ultimate, perfect box :slight_smile:

It’s also 120 quid for a handful of films. Too rich for my blood I’m afraid

1 Like