Klaus Kinski western wanted

Does anyone know if there is an english dubbed or subtitled dvd available for :

Der Letzte Ritt Nach Santa Cruz.

This the only Kinski western i do not have. :frowning:

Can anyone help me?

Klaus Kinski reminds me of Willem Dafoe.

Dafoe is not nearly as intense.

He can be, he was viscious as Elias in Platoon, you know when he fights Barnes.

I thought Berenger was more insane than Defoe. Defoe was excellent in Shadow of the Vampire.

His performance in Wild at Heart was a good one as well.

“Y’all take a listen, you’ll hear the deep sound comin’ down from Bobby Peru”. Excellent performance in an excellent movie. Agreed. The best from Dafoe I’ve seen.

Yes, he was good in that. But my favourite performance in that film was definitely Harry Dean Stanton.

All very interesting but can someone actually help me obtain this movie. ;D

I can’t

Scheissen. {laughs}

Surprised english subtitles were not included in the Eyecatcher release:

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:12, topic:862”]Surprised english subtitles were not included in the Eyecatcher release:[/quote]is it in german only?

Yes German only :frowning: :

Haven’t heard of that release before. Thank you guys! A western by Polf Olsen could be quite nice. His “Blutiger Freitag” is pretty nice entertainment packed with action and blood.

Can you recommend “Der letzte Ritt”?

It didn’t make much of an impression on me, but then as I don’t speak German I can’t really give it a fair assessment.

Always great to see Kinski and Adorf, of course, and there was lots of action, but it’s very much an American-style adventure (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

I can live with German only, but how’s the picture quality?

The Eyecatcher-relase should also be cropped from 2.35:1 to 1.77:1 so not a defnitive release either way.

There are some comments re this release here:

[url]http://smjango.blogspot.com/2009/08/last-ride-to-santa-cruz.html[/url]

Thanks, ENNIOO. The vhs looks way better. Won’t be buying it.