Kitosh, the Man Who Came from the North / Frontera al sur (José Luis Merino, 1967)

just saw this movie the dvdr was ripped from a old pal vhs tape in english with hebrew subs. i kinda enjoyed it.
george hilton was as handsome as ever as a mountie. anybody else seen it? i would really like to know what you think of it!

Database link: Kitosch, l'uomo che veniva dal nord - The Spaghetti Western Database

Hmm, I have seen it, don’t remember much. A lavish production compared to most SWs. It does not resemble to anything in Merino’s other SWs (Requiem para el Gringo, More Dollars for the McGregors).

It was ok to watch, but seems not to stick in the mind.

Remember little. Will wait till a better copy surfaces before a re watch though.

A Swedish dvd company picked it up for release I heard.

yeah i heard! but that company is so unreliable. i hear it’s a one man operation! so i will cut them some slack

[quote=“Stanton, post:3, topic:2480”]Hmm, I have seen it, don’t remember much. A lavish production compared to most SWs. It does not resemble to anything in Merino’s other SWs (Requiem para el Gringo, More Dollars for the McGregors).

It was ok to watch, but seems not to stick in the mind.[/quote]

i have seen requiem para el gringo. have not seen more dollars for the mcgregors. but between duel in the eclipse and kitosch i like duel the best. though i think kitosch is a little more fast paced.

Friend of mine is supposed to be getting a widescreen Italian T.V print which he wants to add the english audio to. Will keep you posted if it eventually gets done.

Nice, do keep us posted!

please do Mr.Ennio!

The runtime of the Italian version would be interesting.

My version from German TV has good quality but runs only 85 min. The Italian version is maybe 14 min longer.

[quote=“Stanton, post:11, topic:2480”]The runtime of the Italian version would be interesting.

My version from German TV has good quality but runs only 85 min. The Italian version is maybe 14 min longer.[/quote]

Stanton, my dvdr runs 1 hr 36 min. the quality is pretty bad. it is a real shame as i paid 12 bucks for it.

Hebrew VHS, must be a Pal runtime, means 100 min. That must be uncut.

I don’t get it…

Is Kitosch the man who came from the North or from the South???

[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Kitosch,_l'uomo_che_veniva_dal_sud[/url]

[quote=“dicfish, post:14, topic:2480”]I don’t get it…

Is Kitosch the man who came from the North or from the South???

[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Kitosch,_l'uomo_che_veniva_dal_sud[/url][/quote]

Oh dear. Not sure who named the page but the film’s Italian title should read as per the poster. That is ‘dal nord’ not ‘dal sud’. Can that be changed easily or do we need to make a new page and delete this one somehow?
Seb?

North or South? Whoever cares for such trivia? :wink:

I have changed it nevertheless

[quote=“Stanton, post:16, topic:2480”]North or South? Whoever cared for such trivia? :wink:

I have changed it nevertheless[/quote]

Good man

;D

Since 13 April, there is an Australian DVD of this film:

[url]http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/819231[/url]

I got it… and its fullscreen, from a VHS… for some reason the images on the back are from Last of the Badmen. Need to watch the whole thing.

If you get the chance could you post some screenshots please…