Kinski Uncut

I highly recommend this book, even though Kinski’s sexual encounters are rife throughout, Kinski raves on about his thoughts on the movie industry , directors and the crap he did only for the money.

He mentions a few of his westerns, some by name and others he doesn’t mention much info whatsoever.

A great read , if you can manage to track down a copy of it.

I have the American English translated version which has phrases and words that i felt Herr Kinski would not have used.

Yes, great book even though Kinski has apparently exaggerated the facts, maybe even came up with whole fictional stories.

Herzog has said it’s work of fiction and also that they invented together some slanders towards him for the book.

Who knows? Interesting reading anyhow.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:2, topic:887”]Yes, great book even though Kinski has apparently exaggerated the facts, maybe even came up with whole fictional stories.

Herzog has said it’s work of fiction and also that they invented together some slanders towards him for the book.

Who knows? Interesting reading anyhow.[/quote]

His sexual encounters must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Another great read is Eli Wallach : The Good The Bad & Me , In My Anecdotage. Unfortunately the only SW he mentions is Good Bad Ugly, in fact he only covers his film career up to that point, except for his cameo in Mystic River.

Definitely a great read if you’re in a slightly sleazy mood. Also of historical interest though too chaotic to be a reliable source: for example Kinski gloats over SW director Mario Costa’s death, which by all accounts hadn’t happened when he wrote the book! ???