Killer Kid (Leopoldo Savona, 1967)

The recent comments about Killer Kid have inspired me to share this lovely South African VHS that I own. The picture is fullscreen but very clear and the English audio is much better than on the DVD-R fan project I watched. I also like this one quite a bit, although I wouldn’t say it’s Steffen’s best.

3 Likes

Very nice one indeed! Here’s my greek tape

2 Likes

Is it the South African tape uncut? I have a CFV tape of Fidani’s Dead Men… and the part where Gordon Mitchell is being dragged in a gun belt is cut out!!

Didn’t notice any cuts on this one.

‘KILLER KID’, (1967)

Although not a particular fan of Anthony Steffen, I re-watched ‘Killer Kid’ yesterday - having not seen it for several years.

I must admit that I found it far more enjoyable than I’d remembered. The picture quality on the German Koch Media DVD was exceptional, and I opted for the Italian audio track, with English sub-titles.

With a plot involving gun-smuggling, Mexican revolutionaries, Government troops, and more twists and turns than the ‘Monaco Grand Prix’, I thought that the action - although down-played for much of the film - was handled superbly by Director, Leopoldo Savona, when unleased.

As stated earlier, I’m not a huge fan of Steffen, but I think that he did a sterling job in this, as the gun for hire, whose motives are not always clear. Watching Steffen perform with Italian audio, rather than the usual American dubbed one, made a nice change, and did, I think, help with my own personal viewing experience.

Ably assisted by the always-wonderful Fernando Sancho, and with a ‘love-interest’ provided by the beautiful Luisa Baratto, I would recommend this film to anyone who is still sitting on the fence when it comes to their opinion of Anthony Steffen.

All in all, I wouldn’t think twice about paying this - and a few other Anthony Steffen films - another visit very soon. Recommended.

4 Likes

Hi can you tell me how long is the uncut version of this Koch media release of Killer Kid? Looks good and worth buying…

Amazing spot! :joy:

1 Like

New poll for Killer Kid available at the top of the thread under the original post! :arrow_up:

@Admin This one is also in need of a 3.0 database page. :slightly_smiling_face:
Killer Kid - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

1 Like

Done, sir!
The page is updated. We welcome additions, corrections, stuff, info, pictures, links, etc…

1 Like

I have a question about the Koch DVD. I have a chance to pick this one up but on the back of the case, it only lists that it has German subtitles. On the site it says German and English. Does anyone know for certain that it does have an English option?

1 Like

It does have English subs.

1 Like

I am hoping this is an EM blu-ray in the near future!!!

3 Likes

Gracias, mi amigo!

1 Like

In a future high-definition release the truck should be digitally removed, including a brief image comparison in the extras.

97:48 mins PAL, equivalent to the correct 102 minutes runtime

2 Likes

Saw this tonight on Amazon Prime UK. Nice widescreen print In Italian language with English subtitle option. I imagine its a copy of the Koch print as it runs 98m so presumably in Pal. Don’t this think has ever had an English release. There was no screenplay credit on the movie.
Didn’t know anything about it but wasn’t expecting a Zapata western modelled on A Bullet for the General (it would have been filmed a few months after that film was released) with Steffen in the Lou Castel role and another character called El Santo (who seems to be the model for the Fernando Rey character in Companeros). Fernando Sancho was errr Fernando Sancho playing his Ringo/Arizona Colt role. Luisa Barrett looked modelled on Martine Beswicke. Steffen was better than usual and 1967 seemed to be a better year for him than 1966 with two decent performances (this and Gentleman Killer). It has its faults - the final shootout around that stagnant pool also seen in A Stranger in Town was a bit daft and featured lots of dummies - but I enjoyed it overall. 5.5 out of 10 from me.

1 Like