Killer Kid (Leopoldo Savona, 1967)

I just watched this one on the Koch-media label.
This is another revolutionary film and a very good one with a complicated plot.
I’m not crazy about Antonio de Teffe, but this is his best film IMO.

Highly recommended.

For more info visit:
Database page: Killer Kid - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

Give Killer Kid your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

I’ve just finished re-watching this movie (this time the fine Koch DVD). My opinion about Killer Kid doesn’t change after the second viewing: IMO certainly one of de Teffe’s better movies but nothing to get crazy about. Solid average SW material I would say ! Certainly to be recommended among fans !

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

How are the action scenes for this one? Iask since Steffen and Savona made the non stop action spaghetti, Apocalypse Joe.

Nothing like Apocalypse Joe, just average film with average number of shootouts. Story is not bad but trying to make a zapata western in a sandpit doesn’t work too well. Fernando Sancho rules as usual and seeing him playing more honorable man for a chance is a plus.

I thought this one was average. I’m a big fan of Steffen as you all know, but I count this as one of my least favorite Steffen westerns.

How does the trailer go… Killer Kid , Killer Kid and so on…

At least the DVD quality (KOCH) is superb.

I enjoyed the Italian Trailer with the coloured K’s and the repeating lines : K come Killer, K come Kid, K come Killer Kid … . In a way the Trailer is better than the movie. :wink:
The comic bookish opening credit is excellent with some nice guitar sounds. Before the opening credit there is a short text that this Movie is dedicated to the Mexican People … . Strange that Anthony Steffens Character isn’t so much interested in the revolution.

Ah yes thats it…

This is one of the reasons I enjoy the fourm so much. My eval is just the opposite. For instance I could easily have written:
I thought this one was great. I’m not a big fan of Steffen as you all know, but I count this as one of my favorite Steffen westerns.
Ha! Differing opinions are the spice of life! (well, one of 'em) ;D

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:10, topic:994”]This is one of the reasons I enjoy the fourm so much. My eval is just the opposite. For instance I could easily have written:
I thought this one was great. I’m not a big fan of Steffen as you all know, but I count this as one of my favorite Steffen westerns.
Ha! Differing opinions are the spice of life! (well, one of 'em) ;D[/quote]

HAHAHA yes I remember you saying that you do not liking Steffen too much but I also remember you saying that you liked his performance in this film. Actually there are other Steffens that I dislike more than this one. Shango, Seven Dollars on the Red, and Arizona Kid returns were pure crap in my opinion. I would give Killer Kid 5.5 out of 10. I guess the real reason why I don’t like this film that much is that overall I’m not really into Zapata’s. I"m probably the lone wolf in the forum here when it comes to my opinion on Zapatas.

You are not alone ;).

i enjoy Zapatas, but overall i prefer the stranger approach, without any war/revolution elements at all… i would imagine i am probably alone in my dislike for civil war elements in spaghettis

Just curious dos amigos, what is it about Zapatas that rubs the wrong way?

I DO think it is ridiculous the way Killer Kid is dedicated to the Mexican people. It’s not like it makes a political statement.

No, you are not alone. I don’t hate 'em but I find them kind of tedious generally (although there are notable exceptions to me). Maybe Ennio and the Col. feel the same way about Zapatas as we feel about Civil War Spaghs.

This sums things up for me.

But Civil War elements I do not mind though, as sort of intrigues me more.

But all good that we like different things of course :).

Me too amigo, although I prefer civil war SW’s to mexican revolution SW’s, I’m not particularly fond of either. Its the reason why GBU is my least favorite of the Dollars Trilogy (even though I still love the film hehe).

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:14, topic:994”]Just curious dos amigos, what is it about Zapatas that rubs the wrong way?

[/quote]

I like my SW’s to have “traditional” western elements. Stagecoaches, cowboys, ranches, saloons, Sheriff’s etc… Also I prefer my westerns to take place in the southwestern part of the US, in the 1870-1890 time frame.

Zapatas don’t really have any of that, for example, Duck You Sucker has machine guns, motorcycles, tanks, and also features an urban setting. This is not really a “true” western in my opinion. I’m not saying I wouldn’t watch these films, surly Companeros, Mercenary, bullet for the general were fine films, but just not my cup of tea.

My favorite type of western is the “lone stranger” type.

1 Like

I always appreciate SW with a connection to historical Events like The Civil War, Mexican Revolution, the french Army in Mexico, … Even they don’t show them historical accurate.

Ienjoy Comaneros so muh that I sider myself a fan of the Zapata’s even if I ddn’t really lie Mercenary.

I do find some Civil War spaghetti a little tedious w the overuse of diseases but I woulde hipocritical if I said I didn’t ike the disease aspect. Somthing about them just don’do it for me. I do like it as a focus though. Like California and Bullt for Sandoval kinda.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:17, topic:994”]Its the reason why GBU is my least favorite of the Dollars Trilogy (even though I still love the film hehe).

My favorite type of western is the “lone stranger” type.[/quote]

Same here, GBU is my least favorite Leone for the same reason.