Killer Kid (Leopoldo Savona, 1967)

BTW Sancho is the wildest shooter of em all.
He always stabs people with his gun.

I think it adds a bit of velocity to the bullet when he does that. ;D

I guess he shoots like that, because all the chicken legs he eats make his hands kind of fatty and slippery.

On finishing this one there is a distinct feeling left that you only get after watching a satisfying western... Wild shootouts and pristine cinematography amplified by Koch's gorgeous print mark this one for the books as it has multiple ingredients I look for in spaghetti goodness. Fernando Sancho gives it his all when manning a machinegun, faking wounded to trick a soldier only to sucker punch him and laugh wildly....Already loving zapata films, this one reinstates my faith in them after the last dissapointing one I saw, Tepepa...So for my first zapata in quite the while it is splendid visual feast and definitely a film that deserves more praise...

Ima have to check this one out. Gotta keep up with you on Spaghettis. But watch out on the other front!

Watch out for my comebackā€¦

For me Tepepa wasnā€™t disappointing at all. OK, if you have Milian and Welles in one Zapata you might expect a cinematographical feast, so you might be a bit disappointed from that point of view. But:

IMO Tepepa is far better than KK.

I wonder what Tepepa what have been like if Welles directed. Probably even better. Or less coherent. Lots of crane shots/track shots. What else? Any ideas?

It would be unfinished thenā€¦

Yeah, made between 1968 to 19ā€¦

Or it would have been reedited by studio against Wellesā€™ wishes. Then it would be re-cut according to Wellesā€™ notes in 20ā€¦ and it would be released on DVD by Criterion

[quote=ā€œDillinger, post:47, topic:994ā€]For me Tepepa wasnā€™t disappointing at all. OK, if you have Milian and Welles in one Zapata you might expect a cinematographical feast, so you might be a bit disappointed from that point of view. But:

IMO Tepepa is far better than KK.[/quote]

Milian was the only thing keeping that boat afloat for me and being this is Orson Welles you wouldnt expect anything less than the best performance from an American Icon in an SW since Henry Fonda in OUATITW but that isnt what we gotā€¦

But you got less from Welles, in fact you got nothing from him in Tepepa.

But Welles as director, who knows ā€¦

Contrary to the tele shots of the SW directors he would have shot it maybe completely with the wide angle lens. This way it would most likely have become one of the visually most bizarre SWs.

Sorry, I worded that wrong, this happens from me often forgive meā€¦

NO!

See it yet Korano?

Nope, but it finished downloading this morning and Iā€™ll check it tonight.

[quote=ā€œRififii, post:56, topic:994ā€]See it yet Korano?[/quote]Saw it now.

I liked it. Enjoyable and pretty well done. Steffen is good as usual. But the sandpits got a little old. My only real complaint would be that the film seemed to take itself a little too seriously.

Thoroughly enjoyed this - seeing it via Koch Media instead of a dodgy fullscreen vid-rip where a lot of the action happened off-screen.
I generally like Zapatas, like roll ā€˜nā€™ shoot Steffen (particularly in his bigger of the two hats), and Fernando hamming it up.
Romaineā€™s main man, Ken Wood, (I canā€™t spell Giovanni Cianfriglia) is great as well, and some sultry silence and stares from the revolutionary love-babe Mercedes.
Garrone hasnā€™t let me down (yet again).
A solid 4 stars from me.

Garrone?