Killer, adios (Primo Zeglio, 1968)

[quote=“Stanton, post:17, topic:1474”]Well, charisma is of course a mater of taste, but the acting abilities are a different thing. Truth is, he is a limited actor, and he does all his acting in Killer Adios with about 3 expressions: grinning (for being happy), looking grim (but never too grim), looking indifferent (for most of the scenes).

He is acting this scene like any other one, he obviously wasn’t able to deliver the demanded rage. It was obvious what would happen in this scene, but I thought, what’s this, he is cool as ever, it would be laugable if he shoots him, but of course he does. He has to explain it thereafter, at the end of the sequence (“I was in rage”), because there was nothing to see of the rage.[/quote]

LOLOLOL Stanton and Scherp just made my morning.

Still get a good laugh out of this…

[/URL]

Oh my God, it’s … it’s …

The end of the World?

No, it’s … it’s …

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/1256261original1.jpg/][url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/knowing.jpg/[/url]

Right

Rewatched this one tonight. This time a widescreen fandub which was a step up quality wise from my previous copy.

Not a great film but entertaining enough and the whodunnit angle makes a nice change. And of course there’s Rosalba so can’t complain. :slight_smile:

Great theme song too.

Looking at the pics here: John Cleese instead of Peter Lee in a whodunit spaghetti, how wonderful that would’ve been.

And Cleese showed in Silverado that he suited the western genre very well.

“I’m not from these parts, as you might have guessed”

“Today my jurisdiction ends HERE!”

Gave this one another view. A film I tend to think about if looking at the various PLL westerns. I find him very slick here. Viewed via the fandub of the Spanish Blu Ray print which makes the Wild East version look very poor.

I think they tried a bit too hard with the mystery element on this one, not particularly effective in the end. It has some decent production values and PLL looks good, but I found it rather boring and at times repetitive.

Good point.

Anybody know if the Japanese Blu-ray has English audio?

1 Like

According to this link: English and Spanish audio is included

1 Like

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been updated to the new layout. Please have a look around and let us know if there are any errors to be fixed. Also very welcome: any information, links, texts, or images.

Other question: What’s the real original title, killer adios or winchester uno entre mil?

I never trust the details in online shop listings much. Here for example it says NTSC. What does that mean, the DVD in the DVD/BluRay is NTSC or there is NTSC on the BluRay? Makes no sense. Also “Dolby Digital Stereo” - really? Maybe 2.0 mono, but stereo is unlikely (just because there are two tracks encoded doesn’t mean it’s stereo), and it says “16/9 LB”, letterboxd as a term is quite useless in the post-DVD world… just to rant a bit :slight_smile:
We need one of our Japanese amigos to confirm, maybe @garringo55 or @Alleluja ?

2 Likes

Yes, it is true.Please refer to the attached image.
I added an English translation in yellow letters “English Dolby Digital 2.0ch”.

oh there is also a 5.1? can you list the full specs? YOu can see here what we currently have, but I am afraid it is neither complete nor completely correct Winchester, uno entre mil/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

I’m sorry for being unkind. This Blu-Ray has 3 audios, Spanish DTS-HD 5.1ch, Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0ch and English Dolby Digital 2.0ch.

cool thanks, I updated it. Are there any extras on it?

There are 2 trailers as extras, this film and “My name is nobody”(I can’t understand why this film is selected).

3 Likes

I just watched this one again.
If someone could update the main page: Winchester, uno entre mil

At least some of the “filming location” was set at Hoyo de Manzanares

Thanks,

Done

New poll for this one now on the original post, top of page :arrow_up:

1 Like