Keoma (Enzo G. Castellari, 1976)

[quote=“korano, post:97, topic:311”]I foundthe hair easy to overlook. But I do have some points to discuss.

hairy beast of a man[/quote]
:smiley:
I would also prefer LVC keep his shirt on as well. DRAH was only a few minutes but Beyond The Law was too much. It was like George ‘The Animal’ Steel in a sw!

How about The Stranger And The Gunfighter then?

In the end, when LVC shoots this El Topo-like guy, he can also be seen in his bare beauty!

Likewise, CAPTAIN APACHE and the loincloth scene.

I think LVC was very fond of his chest…

Breething in so he has something like a 28 inch waste or something :smiley: .

I thought he was just selling beaver pelts, didn’t know that was him with no shirt :o

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:91, topic:311”]Young Keoma LOL

Imagine if they had a flashback scene in GBU? I’d like to see a cigar chomping kid in a serape.

“Hey that must be young blondie!”[/quote]
What about young Django?

How about lyrics of Keoma’s main song? I guest it’s lost. Is it true?

What do you mean? The song is sung.

Welcome friend.

Keoma is not the first SW i ever saw, but the movie made me a fan of the genre when i saw if back in 2006. Eversens then i have been colecting and watching SW dvd’s. To this point i’v think i seen around 44 or 45 spaghetti western movies. It was the first SW i my dvd collection and has sens then been one of my bigest favorits. It has this “moody darkness” that i so long wanted to see in a western before i discoverd the Italian ones, and it has a great story with a great soundtrack and nasty shoothings. It also made me a fan of Castreralli as a director.

Yep, it’ll do that

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:91, topic:311”]Young Keoma LOL

Imagine if they had a flashback scene in GBU? I’d like to see a cigar chomping kid in a serape.

“Hey that must be young blondie!”[/quote]

OK, this is off topic for Keoma, but I had to say it:

Blondie in GBU is already younger than serape-wearing Blondie in Fistful of Dollars or For A Few Dollars More. GBU was made last, but chronologically, it is the first in the series.

To prove my point:
GBU - Civil War Setting, including 1851 and 1860 revolvers.

FOD and FOAFDM - 1870s or later setting, Colt 1873 Peacemakers, Winchesters, etc.

In GBU, Blondie wears a duster and a broad brimmed light colored hat through most of the film. He did not yet own the serape and brown hat and other clothes. He gets his brown hat and vest and other Man With No Name clothes from Angel Eyes, and he gets his serape from the dying soldier. In GBU, we see how The Man With No Name started out. I would think that it is obviously chronologically first!

You are correct Highweed Kid even though the character played by Clint is never really determined to be the same guy in all three movies.

[quote=“The Highweed Kid, post:112, topic:311”]OK, this is off topic for Keoma, but I had to say it:

Blondie in GBU is already younger than serape-wearing Blondie in Fistful of Dollars or For A Few Dollars More. GBU was made last, but chronologically, it is the first in the series.

To prove my point:
GBU - Civil War Setting, including 1851 and 1860 revolvers.

FOD and FOAFDM - 1870s or later setting, Colt 1873 Peacemakers, Winchesters, etc.

In GBU, Blondie wears a duster and a broad brimmed light colored hat through most of the film. He did not yet own the serape and brown hat and other clothes. He gets his brown hat and vest and other Man With No Name clothes from Angel Eyes, and he gets his serape from the dying soldier. In GBU, we see how The Man With No Name started out. I would think that it is obviously chronologically first![/quote]

Clint from GBU and Clint from FFD and FFDM are arguably different characters.

This way of ordering the flicks by the use of the guns is complete nonsense to me.

Leone was not interested in a historically correct use of firearms in his movies. Just remember Tuco assembling a guns out of several models. Other examples:

[url]http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/guns.htm[/url]

BTW I don’t really care who the Eastwood character in the trilogy is. Is it the same character in all the movies? So what!?

Just watched Keoma yesterday - I have to say for the first time, shame on me :wink:

I really enjoyed this SW, especially the symbolism of life and death (especially at the end), the camera work with slow motions reminding me on Peckinpah, a story without any elements of comedy and I also liked the soundtrack, which really doesn´t fit everytime, but most of it. I would say 8,0 out of 10.

I must say this is one of my all time SW favorites. I hope as much people as possible watch this, one of the great last spaghetti-western made. Such strong vision, directing and acting from Nero.

Agreed - love it! It’s staying in my top 20 (which reminds me … must get round to doing it ::))

Yeah, this and Mannaja

Agreed again! … and California!