Kelly's Heroes (Hutton/70)

“Kelly’s Heroes” is a great off-beat (?) war adventure, starring Clint Eastwood. What do you think about it?

Very fun movie. I love the little homage to Leone near the end.

love the main theme…“People tried to warn me but i held my head up hiiiigh” :smiley:

Lighthearted romp with Telly doing alot of shouting amongst the loud explosions. Clint looks very thin in this one

I do as well. I wonder if Eastwood suggest it?

Pointless Trivia Alert: For a long time (before he saw “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”), this was my brother’s favourite film.

Maybe the sun in Spain burnt his skin off!

Great movie - loads of off beat stuff especially Sutherland’s character who really makes the movie. Everything about the movie is great - I love they tried to make it historically accurate for once.

Sutherland’s character is great, even if he is twenty years too early for Woodstock!

To me it always seemed like the director and star where trying to better their “Where Eagles Dare”, something which they did!

[quote=“John Welles, post:8, topic:2003”]Sutherland’s character is great, even if he is twenty years too early for Woodstock!

To me it always seemed like the director and star where trying to better their “Where Eagles Dare”, something which they did![/quote]

he was definitely a gypsy while fitting in the mold of a hippie which was 25 years later in history. Still an awesome movie.

Kelly's Heroes Oddball - Negative Waves - YouTube - negative waves baby

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:9, topic:2003”]he was definitely a gypsy while fitting in the mold of a hippie which was 25 years later in history. Still an awesome movie.

Kelly's Heroes Oddball - Negative Waves - YouTube - negative waves baby[/quote]
“Don’t hit me with negative wave’s so early in the mourning.”!

You never know. The film was a long shoot and Clint was not to fond of Don Rickles.