Just back from exploring the Almeria area

Hi compadres!

I know topics like this have been posted several times before, but I just wanted to say a few words about my own recent trip to the locations of sergio leone’s spags. In total, A friend and I spent three full days in and around Almeria. We saw a fistful of locations, such as Rodalquilar, cabo de gata, albaricogues, Tablezo, mini hollywood, sierra alhamilla, ramblas indalecio and Lunajar, and of course cattle corner and flagstone near Calahorra. It was just magnificent being out there and finding all these locations.
It was a bit sad, that locations such as Castillo rodalquilar and cortijo del fraile are falling apart and are fenced nowadays, but at least I have seen them while still standing. I do hope I get to go back once more to visit a few more places we missed this time.
Good thing by the way we had a good car, since all those dirt tracks leading to the locations are quite worn out and rough!
I’m now working on a some pictures. I hope to have some up soon! Thanx to Richard (formerly tuco tours) for your guidance and great stories!

Angel eyes.

"formerly Tuco Tours"?

Does Richard not run Tuco any more?

Just checked their web site myself and see that he and Veronica have retired.
Good on them. Hope they enjoy taking life a bit easier.

[quote=“Phil H, post:3, topic:3378”]Just checked their web site myself and see that he and Veronica have retired.
Good on them. Hope they enjoy taking life a bit easier.[/quote]Indeed, we couldn’t have met a nicer couple to show us some of the sights that were a bit off the beaten track.

I will second that Yod. A very memorable and interesting day with our charming hosts Richard and Veronica. All the best for their future.

Good for you amigo.
Leone locations are sacred for SW fans ! :smiley: