Johnny Oro DVD

[url]http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18904itabigic7.jpg[/url]

Out on 20 march

Label: Rarovideo
Video: 1.78:1 Anamorfico
Audio: italian (i dunno others)
Price: 12.90€

I’m not familiar with this one. Has anyone who’s seen it care to venture their opinion?

‘Johnny Oro’ by Sergio Corbucci, starring Mark Damon and Ettore Manni is a quite watchable movie. Not as good as Corbucci’s best and closer to American westerns but as far as I can remember I kind of enjoyed it !!! Take a look and decide for yourself !!!

How long is it?

I don’t know the DVD version ! I own a German TV version that runs approx. 87min. !!!

Ulrich Bruckner’s fabolous “Für Ein Paar Leichen Mehr” spaghetti western encyclopedia states an original length of 104 mins.

Yes, but many SWs, for which Bruckner has mentioned longer running times, are labelled otherwise as uncut. German version has only 88 Min, and I have never heard about a longer one available.

Besides, fabulous? Never!

[quote=“stanton, post:7, topic:546”]Yes, but many SWs, for which Bruckner has mentioned longer running times, are labelled otherwise as uncut. German version has only 88 Min, and I have never heard about a longer one available.

Besides, fabulous? Never![/quote]

Fair enough. The version I’ve got runs at 84 mins. Still think Bruckner’s book is great though, lots of info.

Yes, lots of infos, that’s why this book is great.
But unfortunately he is a not so good writer (in stylistic terms), and he has not so much interesting things to say about the films. Even worser are most of the contemporary critics he has reprinted in addition to his own texts. I have seldom read such uninteresting and dull film reviews like the ones from Filmdienst and Filmecho/Filmwoche, and I can’t understand why Bruckner had included them in his book.

Agreed, the contemporary reviews could well have been skipped in favour of more in-depth descriptions of even more spaghetti westerns. But all in all I think the book is worth every euro just for the references included in the back of the book.

Some of the contemporary reviews are worth reading.

The Filmkritik reviews are interesting to read, despite the fact that they hadn’t understand the SW either.
And the critics in the magazine called Film are very well written, and would be worth to be reprinted in a book, because they had something insightful to say about about the genre.

But unfortunately there are only a few contributions from these 2 magazines in Bruckner’s book.

By the way, the most beautiful text in the book is in my eyes Wim Wenders’ review of OuTW.

There has also been an update of this book, anybody know what the differences are to the first issue?