John Phillip Law has died

John Phillip Law, who co-starred with Lee Van Cleef in “Death Rides a Horse” passed away from cancer on Tuesday May 13th in his Los Angeles, California, He was 70. See an obituary in Cemetery With Crosses. :’(

1 Like

That is indeed sad. I wish he had done more in the genre. :frowning:

1 Like

During the last week of April, I was told by a friend of mine–that was a good friend of John Philip Law’s–that Mr. Law only had about 6-8 months to live.
I was devastated to find out that he didn’t make it that long.

I, too, wish he had done more in the Spaghetti Western genre; but, I will always remember him as Bill in DEATH RIDES A HORSE and as the title character in Bava’s DANGER: DIABOLIK!!

RIP, JPL! Grazzie per tutti!

Way too early :frowning:

RIP…

My feelings exactly. A sad loss who will be fondly remembered.

So many great actors pasted away this year. John Philip Law was a good and very underrated actor (as many of the SW Stars).

RIP

RIP

I just woke up and got on the computer and I find this out. Kinda dampens the mood of my morning.

Besides death rides a horse, I also own a dvd of him in his sinbad role. He was just spectacular in both movies. I hope he lived a good life. I think he did.

One of my favorite SW quotes is on my signature by the way.

oh man that really dampens my day. I loved him in Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Danger: Diabolik and Death Rides A Horse… RIP John.

PS he also starred in the Fonda flick Barbarella.

And he made a great Red Baron in THE RED BARON, too. Actually, JPL was good in all the movies he made.
Love GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD, too.
To be honest, though, the only movie that I didn’t care much for, that he is in, is the one that is most hyped, BARBARELLA.
But, he was good in it.

I know a few people that knew Mr. Law—and they all said he was a great guy.
I just wish I had gotten the chance to meet him, myself.

But, that’s just how it goes…

I am watching DANGER: DIABOLIK, GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD, and DEATH RIDES A HORSE today, by golly!!
Viva John Philip Law!

I agree on both points. I bet he would have been a great guy to meet. If a lot of my movies were not boxed up and at my GF’s place I would pop in both Golden Voyage and Danger: Diabolik tonight.

“You’ve got a stupid face, but you get it.”

Sad news. :frowning:
RIP.

I have just found out today on IMDB.

Claudio Undari died the day after.

Sadly missed.

Claudio Undari (Robert Hundar) died on the 12th and John Philip Law passed away on the 13th.
Tom B. posted about both here–one right after the other, pretty much.

I agree, @CactusCharlie —they will both be sadly missed!

Shit,i got it the wrong way round. I looked to see if Claudio Undari had been mentioned but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks Chris.

Wow, I haven’t been on the boards for two years!!..Going through a bad divorce,and the first thing I read here is JPL’s passing :frowning:

R.I.P. J.P.L. You will be missed

p.s. Glad to be back on here though!

Glad to have another Canuck back!

Death did ride a horse