Jesse & Lester: Two Brothers in a Place Called Trinity / Jesse & Lester: due fratelli in un posto chiamato Trinità (Renzo Genta, Richard Harrison, 1972)

Database page: Jesse & Lester - Due fratelli in un posto chiamato Trinità - The Spaghetti Western Database

Hi, I´m watching Jesse and Lester now, but is so boring that I can not go on following, I have to stop and go back later to see…
It tells a story of two brother, but nothing so special they get robbed all time, and… just the same thing. Like Donal, and Harrison some time remember me Nero, in Deaf Smith and Johnny Ears.
There are some know faces: Boido and Rossi

Who here liked this one ?

thanks

Yes, this is very bad movie but Donal O’Brien was very funny in it as a crazed religious fanatic.

Basically, this film is shit!

VERY SLOW MOVIE, SO YEAH I’D ALSO AGREE IT WAS SHIT!

THE PRINT I SAW WAS CALLED “JESSE & LESTER TWO BROTHERS IN A PLACE CALLED TRINITY”

-OBVIOUSLY AN ATTEMPTED CASH IN :slight_smile:

Why are you shouting? :wink:

it was unintentional, the caps lock was on and when i looked up at the screen it was all capitals so i just left it as it was :wink:

I got this from a local charity shop, and it is pirated copy of only hour long, so i have yet to watch it.

I hate censored movies.

I [quote=“Raph_Alv, post:1, topic:492”]Who here liked this one ?[/quote]
It might be a bit late, but me me me. I actually liked this one. There is a lot of not so funny movies in this spaghetti western subgenre but this aint one of them.

Hilarious and defnitely recommended. In fact I seem to remember reading an interview with Richard Harrison where he claimed that this was his favourite spaghetti western (of the ones he participated in), so there… So if we can get Richard Harrison to join the board there will be at least two liking it… Somebody throw him an email :slight_smile:

[quote=“Søren, post:8, topic:492”]In fact I seem to remember reading an interview with Richard Harrison where he claimed that this was his favourite spaghetti western (of the ones he participated in), so there… So if we can get Richard Harrison to join the board there will be at least two liking it… Somebody throw him an email :)[/quote]He directed the film too so it’s no wonder it’s his favorite.

I know, but even so…

Just watched the Dutch vhs (Video Star) which is nicely letterboxed. The film is not so bad and I was actually quite entertained. The cast is nice and luckily it’s not one of those comedy spaghettis in which noone dies. Some stuff is genuinely funny and O’ Brien is a lot better than usual.

Well no wonder this is Harrison’s favourite! It’s is own shit, isn’t it? He love it so much that he went on to make more shit like, the NINJA fims.

This wasn’t as bad as I remembered. Compared to most comedy westerns of the period this is at least watchable and has a good cast. And it ends in the shoot out instead of a overlong fist fight which was so popular with these films.

a decent sw comedy in my book - both actors showed off their talent for comedy and it wasn’t embarassing at all

1 Like

Just viewed this one again via my U.K pre cert tape which I recently obtained. Not as bad as I remember, as I previously said the film was shit :grinning:
Its just a silly film which if had made lots of money like other comedy films of the 70’s, we would have had a follow up film for sure. Not a funny film though.

I’m trying to scratch some titles form my list and this one went today. Considering the crap made in the 70s, I must consider it as quite entertaining. Both main characters are well performed altought Donald is a little bit over the top. The directing is Ok to, so I guess Richard has the right to be proud of it.

Glad that a good copy surfaced. Here’s some screens:

2 Likes

I am very fond of that movie also. Decidedly funny. Glad that the Koch Media blu-ray looks fine. Definitely on my pick up soon list.

1 Like

Glad to see that I’m not the only one liking it. Yesterday I saw the other comic western with Harrison made on 1972, Los fabulosos de Trinidad, and that was quite worst. Just routine. No fun at all.

1 Like

In its efforts to try something a little different Jesse & Lester is just so-so, but that last scene with Salvatore Baccaro is brilliant, especially in the Italian dub!

no, your not the only one who likes it. think its really underrated. this one grew on me quickly.