Jess Franco

Maybe someone should make a post foryou guys to use when your drunk. Reading back on it would be hilarious. It could be called, “Drunken Ramplings.”

This whole thing started with a mention about SD. K, as you read around on the forum you will see how demented SD was. Now THAT was a guy with no sense of humor. And no sense of the absurd. Which is ironic because he embodied it.
Don’t let us old fools be a bad example for you. At least until you turn 18 !

Ha Ha. Alright brother.

There is already a thread dedicated to drunken ramblings. It is called “The Collected Posts of Reverend Danite”. I have to go home and sober up. :slight_smile:

Are you being serious or is that part of your own drunken ramblings? :wink:

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:80, topic:579”]Jesus Christ, and i thought I was a heavy drinker…
Well, I’m finnish, of course I am…[/quote]

Heeheeeeeeee. You just made me think of the movie Night On Earth. Seen it Bill?

Joking, not drunk, but still rambling anyway…
Now I really gotta go home and watch Shotgun.

Your starting to worry me Romaine.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:86, topic:579”]Heeheeeeeeee. You just made me think of the movie Night On Earth. Seen it Bill?[/quote]Yes, Matti Pellonpää is the greatest finnish actor ever. the whole Finland scene is just so… ahem… Finnish… Well, I’m just too drunk at the moment… good night everyone!

Excellent.
Adieu from me too.

Same here ;D Although…it did take me a couple of minutes to sign in…kept getting it wrong…

Same here, but i always keep myself logged so i have no problems with that ;D I simply love how this thread changed into ‘hard drinking thread’. It reminds me i need to get drunk - i passed few difficult exams few days ago :smiley:

Congratulations! ;D Have one for me! (Cause i think i better lay off it for a few days at least!) ;D :wink:

Thanks, i sure will

I’m afraid Bill San Antonio and myself started this drinking rant. Rev said he was drunk and things took off from there. It was good for a few laughs.

Have seen Franco’s Vampyros Lesbos and De Sade’s Eugenie (not to be confused with Eugenie de Sade!).

Both are quite interesting and unusual.

And both are far from being simple trash.

I’m surprised

[quote=“stanton, post:96, topic:579”]Have seen Franco’s Vampyros Lesbos and De Sade’s Eugenie (not to be confused with Eugenie de Sade!).

Both are quite interesting and unusual.

And both are far from being simple trash.

I’m surprised[/quote]Franco’s best films like these and Venus in Furs and others are more like art house films than trashy horror exploitation. Strange films, nowadays I can enjoy them more because I know what to expect. Don’t concentrate on the plot; there hardly is one, but enjoy the beautiful look of the film and beautiful actresses, strange mood and the music.

Has anybody seen any films by French director Jean Rollin?

I believe he has done films that are a bit like some of Franco’s, with surrealism, erotic images, horror etc

Yes, also 2, and yes, both are horror films with strong erotic touches and a surrealistic flair.

He has his own style full of dreamlike images and is possibly more interested in characters and story.

I decided to check some of this guy’s movies. I started with Diabolical doctor.Z (interesting, well directed and stylish - 8/10) and Oasis of zombies (terrible, boring and badly made rubbish - 1/10). Hard to believe it was made by the same guy. What the hell happened to him? It looks like he has forgotten how to direct a movie by the time the latter was made