Italian western music and sound in other films

I know The Good The Bad and The Ugly’s theme has been used in media for decades, but what about other tunes or even sound effects. For instance ‘Escape from Alcatraz’ and the first ‘Lethal Weapon’ used that classic spaghetti western gunshot sound effect. Or an episode of ‘My Name is Earl’ using the theme to ‘For a Few Dollars More’.

SpongeBob Squarepants has featured the score of Forgotten Pistelero in several episodes

4 Likes

That sounds great. Are there any clips on YouTube of it?

1 Like

There is a lot to talk about. I think Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow used music from The Boldest Job in the West.

2 Likes

Two of HK filmmaker Ng See Yuen’s classic kung fu movies, Invincible Armour (1977) extensively uses the Day of Anger soundtrack and Secret Rivals (1975) uses The Big Gundown score

2 Likes

In Bruce Lee’s The Way of the Dragon, Chuck Norris’ appearance is accompanied by cues from Frank’s theme in Once Upon a Time in the West. Unlicensed I assume.

In Black Adam (the recent Dwayne Johnson epic) an extract from the gunfight at the end of The Good the Bad & The Ugly was shown on a TV screen and then there was a long TGTBTU parody gunfight, including the music, about 10m later.

1 Like