Italian war movies aka Macaroni Combat

Curious to hear what you think. This one, right? Possibility Zero - The Grindhouse Cinema Database
But I cant find that release on the code red website

Code Redā€™s website is an un-updated mess. Also what is available in their store changes with the seasons and I think they actually had this release for sale some time ago but itā€™s gone now. Their shop has a tendency to be either available for business or closed down (while handling orders). Either way they donā€™t ship outside of the US so not a big problem for me :slight_smile:

The release you mention is this one:

http://www.filmaf.com/search.html?has=probability+zero&init_form=str0_has_probability+zero

ā€˜OOPā€™ as it is stated as being here should be taken with a grain of salt when dealing with Code Red. Several of their OOP titles have a tendency to pop up again.

1 Like

Such a pity that theyā€™re running such an unprofessional business on the distribution end, and most of their stuff isnā€™t on Amazon eitherā€¦ lots of missed opportunity

1 Like

I won it on ebay.

We continue our militairy offensive on the Macaroni Combat front with a review of LA BATTAGLIA DI EL ALAMEIN:

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/The_Battle_of_El_Alamein_film_review

1 Like

The guy looks a little like Alan Sugar.

I had to google Sugar, but yes, youā€™re right
The guy is actually Salerno, with a lot of sugar on his face. Brown sugar.

Battle of the Commandos is on movies4men at the moment. Seems like it has a completely different dub to the VHS. Jack Palance is dubbed by another actor, which a pity. I loved his absurd attempt at a Scottish accent.

1 Like

Vincere 2009, must watch it.

Please check more info on my book here!!

Iā€™m trying to find a Macaroni Combat movie I used to see on TV a lot when I was in my middle school years in the late 70s. It was set in North Africa and involved a ā€˜caperā€™ of some sort with a small band of Allied and Axis soldiers working together to pull off some kind of crime. I think they were driving across the Sahara in an ambulance. One of the characters was an Italian nurse. I would say it was made between 1968 and 1971. I have no idea who the stars or director were. It was obviously an Italian production.

Could be this one

Itā€™s possible. I watched the trailer and donā€™t recall more than one woman character. This movie seems to have several, but itā€™s been so long since I saw it. The film Iā€™m thinking of had a lot of comedic elements as well. Not over-the-top slapstick, but there were humorous moments. I

ā€˜Hell in Normandyā€™ aka ā€™ Testa di sbarco per otto implacabiliā€™ (1968)

Showing on UK TV Great Movies Action, formerly movies4men - February 26th at 6.55 PM ā€¦ not sure if this has been screened before, but Iā€™m very happy to see it turn up ā€¦ hopefully in nice quality!

Peter Lee Lawrence and Guy Madison are the main stars, Erika Blanc is there too for cheekbones and glamour! :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks Aldo. Set that to record now.

1 Like

Is anyone able to record this and share? Thank you.

Also, Blancā€™s cheekbones are perfection!

Just in case anyone is interested, Hell in Normandy is available for free on the Tubi app as well. So is Five for Hell with Gianni Garko and Klau Kinski.

1 Like

Unfortunately Tubi isnā€™t available here in Europe :frowning:

Iā€™m recording the broadcast from Great Movies Action, and if it doesnā€™t screw up, Iā€™ll post some screen caps ā€¦ hopefully it will be widescreen and uncut - fingers crossed! :wink:

2 Likes

I was afraid that was the case but just wanted to let everyone know in the event that some people reading this do have access to Tubi.

1 Like

I have an old Swedish ex-rental

5 Likes