Italian Crime Films

Finally watched Syndicate Sadists Milian was great, as always, in a solid crime film. Wouldn’t say A+ but I enjoyed it. Micalizzi’s score was the best. :slight_smile:

convoy busters 1978 with maurizio merli looks very good also starring some
actors from SW nello pazafini massimo serato and mimmo palmara
i order it as soon as posible i like a lot italian movies with nonstop action
and bloody gun fights :slight_smile:

[quote=“sartana1968, post:442, topic:376”]convoy busters 1978 with maurizio merli looks very good also starring some
actors from SW nello pazafini massimo serato and mimmo palmara
i order it as soon as posible i like a lot italian movies with nonstop action
and bloody gun fights :)[/quote]

I like it a lot… but it doesn’t have non stop action and its not very violent, Stelvio Massi crime films are slower paced than the Lenzi ones.

Forgive me if I’ve missed something by not going through 23 pages of posts first.

I’d really like to see Italian “Mafia” movies, but I have little interest in Sicily.

Are there any good, recommended ones that are set in New York?

[quote=“Major Clyde, post:444, topic:376”]Forgive me if I’ve missed something by not going through 23 pages of posts first.

I’d really like to see Italian “Mafia” movies, but I have little interest in Sicily.

Are there any good, recommended ones that are set in New York?[/quote]Not many I think, some films are partly set in states like Lenzi’s Corleone to Brooklyn and one of the Nico Giraldi films (can’t remember which one).

Thank you, Bill.

i heard and i read some reviews that ‘Stunt Squad’ with Marcel Bozzuffi was very good italian film
with plenty of action, i hunt this everywhere to find it trash online have it, but can’t bring to greece
damn!!! >:( also stars SW favorite nello pazaffini

[quote=“sartana1968, post:447, topic:376”]i heard and i read some reviews that ‘Stunt Squad’ with Marcel Bozzuffi was very good italian film
with plenty of action, i hunt this everywhere to find it trash online have it, but can’t bring to greece
damn!!! >:( also stars SW favorite nello pazaffini[/quote]
Yes, a good movie and contains two scenes even Lucio Fulci would be proud of. My advice to you is to buy inexpensive equipment and watch it illegally.

Watched The Big Racket (Castellari / 1976) tonight. Cliched in parts of course but a thoroughly enjoyable Polizioteschi.

Loved that one, especially the G & M score. Then again, I’m a Castellari sucker, so…there ya go. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Phil H, post:449, topic:376”]Watched The Big Racket (Castellari / 1976) tonight. Cliched in parts of course but a thoroughly enjoyable Polizioteschi.[/quote]What version did you watch Phil?

The Blue Underground release although I haven’t bothered to listen to the Castellari commentary track yet.

One of their best scores in my view. Been listening to it quite a bit recently.

I love the opening, the music slowly builds, then he breaks the window with his elbow and the score kicks into gear.

[quote=“Phil H, post:452, topic:376”]The Blue Underground release.[/quote]Cool, the U.K. one is cut by the BBFC :wink:

always the uk cut scenes from any movie

Hell yeah, I love how it actually BECOMES a ‘racket.’ A marvelous, jazzy racket. :slight_smile:

[quote=“sartana1968, post:456, topic:376”]always the uk cut scenes from any movie[/quote]Not always, and it’s gotten a lot better over here than it was 10 yrs+ ago. A hell of a lot more lenient nowadays.

Still sods of course re Horse falls :wink: .

may not always, but 99% yes!