It Can Be Done Amigo / Si può fare... amigo (Maurizio Lucidi, 1972)

Noticed there was no thread dedicated to the flick in question, so I’ve created one, database link here.

Actually not a bad spaghetti western comedy, I kind of liked it even if it happens to be on the slower side and ultimately turns out to be not particularly memorable and not all that unique.

The story sort of meanders around and progresses at a fairly leisurely pace, nevertheless, most of it is relatively well structured, which is probably why it kept my attention throughout the running time. Apart from being a lot less slapsticky than its more zany counterparts, there is likewise a moderately decent story at the center of the movie and is pretty funny in the corny sort of way.

While Lucidi’s direction is predominantly serviceable without being especially memorable and the film admittedly proves to be a little overlong in the end, I think you can do a lot worse than this as far as the comedic part of the genre goes. Hardly essential and I can definitely see why some people think it’s boring, it’s still somewhat enjoyable IMHO though.

For more info visit:
Database page: Si può fare… amigo - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

Give It Can Be Done Amigo your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

7 Likes

Had a Wild East copy of this sitting unopened on the shelf so thought I’d give it a run out as hadn’t seen it for over a decade.

Was actually a bit better than I remembered it. Obviously plenty of brawls with fists on heads but overall not too silly and annoying kid aside a pretty harmless family type movie. The Wild East print was variable as usual but better that the Mill Creek cheapo box set version I watched previously.

1 Like

Snap! Same thing here, Phil…

Yeah…I need to give this a go again. The first time I watched it, it was a crappy pan & scan dvd.
I then bought the WildEast version, which has remained in my ‘to watch’ pile.

Like Phil, I’ve not been inclined to re-visit it…perhaps due to my initial dislike of the shitty copy that I first watched.
It really is true that the quality of a film makes all the difference.

I’ll make a point of re-visiting it soon, if only to see Bud Spencer and Jack Palance in top form… :grinning:

Can Be Done… Amigo has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc…

1 Like

Not a bad film by any measure, but definitely mid. Not a must-see but a passable time-killer.

This movie has a new poll, for those interested, top of the page under the original post! :arrow_up:

1 Like

Tricky one. For starters, it’s way too long for a semi-serious later stage spaghetti with a grumpy/bored Bud Spencer and an annoying smartass little kid. But I like some of the story elements… and I think the movie means well, it just drags too much and Spencer is miscast

2 Likes

I remember it as very boring, and not funny for a second.

Yes, one which I’d file under: ‘struggled to finish’