Interview with Ulrich Bruckner of Koch Media

Interesting interview.

Too bad that their sales have been below expectation, but nice that more titles are on the way!

yeah so support them and order all Koch media titles from our links on the page!

it was an interesting interview although some of the answers don’t exactly fit the extensive questions, but nevertheless very interesting, especially the thing with the seperate Sollima releases, which is I think very good for many people who didn’t get the box

Sebastian, thanks for the interview with Ulrich Bruckner.

I’ve been visiting this site for a while but this is my first post. Thought I’d say hello and thanks for all the info. I’m looking forward to reading more DVD and film reviews.

Has any thought been given to doing soundtrack CD reviews? For example some of the Morricone scores are available on many CDs from many different countries, but sometimes the same music will sound great on the Japanese CD and awful on the Italian CD, or even different companies in the same country will put out the same OST but with different sound quality. Just a thought, as many of us SW fans also love the music.

“Has any thought been given to doing soundtrack CD reviews?”

Feel free to start doing cd reviews yourself, would be welcome!

There are also a lot of compilation cd’s out there, by Morricone for example, reviews of them would also be welcome!

yeah welcome to the board, mortime! glad you enjoy the site, spread the word!

we are looking for people helping out, while we are doing many things and writing reviews, we cannot of course do all by ourselves so we are actively seeking people willing to participate, its lots of fun. maybe you want to write reviews, feel free to do so

The Interview is very interesting.I never though that they just sell about 1,000 dvd,I always expected more even in the Spaghetti-Western Genre…and 7,000 for a Leone Box is also very low.
Thx Seb for doing this :wink:

it was an interesting interview although some of the answers don’t exactly fit the extensive questions, but nevertheless very interesting, especially the thing with the seperate Sollima releases, which is I think very good for many people who didn’t get the box.
the box has a beautiful book with it though.
i don’t speak or read German but i do love to flip through it!

Can anyone help
most of the Koch discs have hidden English subtitles but some don’t.
can anyone confirm which releases do have English subtitles with them so i don’t waste any money?

well it doesn’t have much text anyway, it’s mostly a little encyclopedia with some good production data, nice pictures and quite concise one-sentence reviews. if you want anything translated drop me a pm

we have a list of these, look here:

and here:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/German_DVDs_with_English_audio_or_subtitles

Bruckner said there will probably be less proper sw dvd releases in the future due to lack of interest.

That would mean bootlegs and cheap releases will still be the only chance to see many titles.

I guess we’ll have to make do with what we can get :-\

Forgot all about this interview :slight_smile:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Interview_mit_Ulrich_Bruckner_von_Koch_Media