Inferno bianco (Emiliano Ferrera, Stefano Jacurti, 2007)

Just came across the info about some new, probably made as a student movie, spaghetti western. It’s supposed to be western-horror. Sounds interesting, anyone have seen it?
Added it to the database:
[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Inferno_Bianco[/url]

I think I saw a trailer for that once at the spaghetti western webboard (which i havent visited in over a year, i wonder why… maybe because it’s such an inconvenient format for a webboard? haha… stay here people, haha)

[quote=“Sebastian, post:2, topic:623”]I think I saw a trailer for that once at the spaghetti western webboard (which i havent visited in over a year, i wonder why… maybe because it’s such an inconvenient format for a webboard? haha… stay here people, haha)[/quote]That’s so true, I visit swwb almost daily but I never post anything because I hate the format of the board, all the useful information will be lost in short time anyway.

Can’t agree more. I was originally going to go there before finding this site, but could barely make heads or tails of the place…

The poster is exactly like The Great Silence! ;D

I saw this while browsing the database by year, and I got curious. So I googled it :slight_smile: Apparently it has been shown only in festivals so far (you can buy the dvd from the director though). It was shot from winter 2005 to spring 2006 on the mountains of Gran Sasso, in the region of Abruzzo, Italy (just FYI - it’s where there was that disastrous earthquake a month ago). It cost 6000 € - props and costumes all came from writer and co-director Stefano Jacurti’s personal collection.

In my opinion, the trailer[url]INFERNO BIANCO, di Stefano Jacurti - WESTERN - YouTube shows a rather amateurish acting, on the other hand the overall storytelling of the movie has been praised by Pupi Avati, and that’s something. All in all, one has to appreciate the effort, you can see from the trailer that they are really knee deep into the snow, Great Silence style (of course it has been cited as an influence by the authors, together with Jim Jarmusch’s Dead Man and Lee Tamahori’s The edge). And oh, the plot: basically it’s the story of an archaeologist leading an expedition to the Fossil Beds in Oregon. The group gets stuck in the snow after a blizzard, and to go on with their journey they have to deal both with an evil Mormon, and with the mythical Wendigo (which I suppose makes for the horror part of the story).

I wonder what this film might have been with more money and professional actors involved - the sad truth is that, at least in Italy, producers seem not to be interested in investing in genre films anymore, unless they’re comedies… :-\

I agree! I hate the format on many forums cause you can’t find anything! One of the best thing with this forum is that it isn’t one of those!

Anybody Have this one!!!

Finally, here it is