I'm new, here's what I've seen so far

I’m new so here’s all the SW I’ve seen.

All the Leone, Mannaja: A Man Called Blade, Django, Death Rides a Horse, God’s Gun (garbage), Sabata, The Bounty Killer, and today I watched Minnesota Clay.

Minnesota Clay was alright it was like Django except with a reluctant aging gunfighter. Cameron Mitchell is the first actor in one of these that makes me think they were going for a John Wayne type instead of a Clint Eastwood type.

I’ve filled up my Netfix queue with everything I could find from the Top 20 lists.

Just to make you jealous I’ve met Enzo G. Castellari and Ruggero Deodato in Person.

[quote=“Bat_Lash, post:1, topic:2057”]I’m new so here’s all the SW I’ve seen.

All the Leone, Mannaja: A Man Called Blade, Django, Death Rides a Horse, God’s Gun (garbage), Sabata, The Bounty Killer, and today I watched Minnesota Clay.

Minnesota Clay was alright it was like Django except with a reluctant aging gunfighter. Cameron Mitchell is the first actor in one of these that makes me think they were going for a John Wayne type instead of a Clint Eastwood type.

I’ve filled up my Netfix queue with everything I could find from the Top 20 lists.

Just to make you jealous I’ve met Enzo G. Castellari and Ruggero Deodato in Person.[/quote]

Welcome to the forum Bat_Lash. You’ve made a good start with the films you’ve watched and have a great ride ahead of you. Recognising that God’s Gun is garbage early on is also a good sign that you’ll be able to separate the wheat from the chaff later on. :wink:

[quote=“Bat_Lash, post:1, topic:2057”]All the Leone, Mannaja: A Man Called Blade, Django, Death Rides a Horse, God’s Gun (garbage), Sabata, The Bounty Killer, and today I watched Minnesota Clay.
Minnesota Clay was alright it was like Django except with a reluctant aging gunfighter. Cameron Mitchell is the first actor in one of these that makes me think they were going for a John Wayne type instead of a Clint Eastwood type.[/quote]
Hi Bat Lash welcome to the forum. I see you had a good start with SW’s. Poor fella you had to watch God’s Gun. On the other hand we all went that through … :smiley:
I like Minnesota Clay as well. Take a look on our Alternative Top 20 list. There you can find a lot of other not well known but pretty good SW. Hopefully you gonna enjoy your ride here and you’ll discover more and more Juwels of this wonderful Genre. ;D

I refuse so far :wink:

Welcome Bat Lash

I you was able to finish God’s Gun you have a big lot of better SW’s right a head. Keep on watching, and when you want the really rare ones just ask us :).

Maybe I should also recommend some personal favorites:
Compañeros, Keoma, Massacre Time, Django Kill, Django The Bastard, Requiem For A Gringo, Blindman, A Bullet For Sandoval (watched this one recently but became a favorite), Shotgun, Black Jack, Django Story (so bad that it’s great), The Boldest Job In The West, Viva Django… there are so many of them. Be sure to check out our top 20!

…and how could I forget Keoma! Had to post it.

God’s Gun is good fun

Agreed

god’s gun isn’t that bad, it’s not good but not the worst. welcome Bat Lash! :slight_smile:

x2 (see my top 20)

[quote=“man with a name, post:9, topic:2057”]god’s gun isn’t that bad, it’s not good but not the worst.[/quote]yes, Kid Vengeance is the worst.

Im on the Gods Gun bandwagon too… I like that movie… why so much hate? Sure, young Leif Garret looks like that boomarang kid from Mad Max but so what

I (we?) don’t hate God’s Gun. I (we?) simply think it’s crap. A major disappointment.

I guess that’s how I feel too. Hate is too strong a word. But it is crap and certainly disappointing considering it has Van Cleef and Palance in it. Mind you, this is clearly not the only rubbish they were involved in so I suppose I shouldn’t have expected too much in the first place.

I like Kid Vengeance.